VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how i can get into my van without the keys? I have managed to lock my keys in the back! Gggggrrrrrr

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I would be very surprised if anyone was silly enough to post those kind of instructions on an open forum like this.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
A close link to this actually. I was thinking the other day when I found i key that had fallen behind my dash, It only opens the doors and doesnt start the engine but looks like a front door key.

Would it be wise to cable tie it somewhere under the van obviously not insight and in way of moving parts so that if you do lock your keys in your van you have a key that only you know is there?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the helpful reply impis! I certainly was expecting a open reply, but a pm or someone offering a number for advice! Thankfully all is sorted as Dad managed to find and drive to me with the spare key!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Phew, that was lucky! On the subject of a hidden spare key. I once broke a mini for parts & found a spare key in a plastic box with a magnetic strips stuck up in the rear subframe :eek:

·
Registered
152 Posts
lucky you, this happened to me in france, it was a friday night, getting dark, had to smash the window, turned out that carglass (autoglass twins) had to order in a window and it took till tuesday to get it fitted for 153 euros! and it rained the entire weekend...
the girlfriend did it I:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yer I think it is fair to say that I was lucky not to be too far from home! I would love to say lesson learnt! But I fear I may make the same mistake again sometime!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have a key that came with my van
It is small enough to fit and stay in my wallet it is for opening the door only

So if your off down the beach you can leave your normal key hidden in the van but still have a key to get you into the van when you come back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts