VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Urgent help t5 to t5.1 headlight bracket issue

2K views 23 replies 5 participants last post by  Luigijohn 
#1 ·
Hi could really do with some help

Ive got a t5 in the bodyshop and the scrap mans taken the headlight brackets.

Im wondering what part i need to order its a t5 but with a t5.1 face lift.

Really appreciate if anyone can advise

#2 ·
Have a scroll through the facelift thread and i think all the part numbers are listed

#15 ·
We bought our mirrors from them and the fit was good i have to say .
I did think the plastics weren't as thick as the originals but i wouldn't say flimsy . ....and i did chase my tail trying to sort a wiring fault that turned out to be a badly soldered joint in the folding control box 🙃 .

#16 · (Edited)
I’ve bought other parts off them and to be fair they were good value, the number plate lights are great for just over a tenner.
The wing mirrors though I’m not too happy their from trupart I think it’s the same company as viewmax they just just don’t sit flush on the van compared to the OEM. Originals
At first I thought it was myself, so I took them off...put them back on...then put the originals back on and perfect !!! .
So then I put the facelift back on, and their still the same they rattle a bit too.
Maybe I just got a bad pair then
Hood Automotive lighting Font Line Automotive exterior

#18 ·
So ive bought headlights and although they look the business they are defo not well made very cheap quality materials and bad functional design.

They have assured that they are plug and play and they are not.

Plus i paid 60 odd quid on a harness to so that they will just be plug and play... waste of money didnt work and cost me another 120 to fix

The brightness was **** and the bulbs they supplied as part of the kit were rubbish too. So paid for HIDs

I bought the sportline kit along with bumper drls and fog lights the surrounds also these do not fit flush. They are a pig to get right and wont ever be 100%

For The price and quality on these i will just avoid travelin lite altogether in the future. Ive paid in to the 100s approaching 1000 to fix the mistakes and its been a nightmare...

Defo not a fan anymore ive spent thousands with them and its cost me alot more time and headache and money than i ever could have imagined. A bit gutted but hope they sort these issues out. Im pleased with the van and people compliment it often which gives me solace

Travelin lite if u read this post - sort your products out pls

#19 · (Edited)
So ive bought headlights and although they look the business they are defo not well made very cheap quality materials and bad functional design.

They have assured that they are plug and play and they are not.

Plus i paid 60 odd quid on a harness to so that they will just be plug and play... waste of money didnt work and cost me another 120 to fix

The brightness was **** and the bulbs they supplied as part of the kit were rubbish too. So paid for HIDs

I bought the sportline kit along with bumper drls and fog lights the surrounds also these do not fit flush. They are a pig to get right and wont ever be 100%

For The price and quality on these i will just avoid travelin lite altogether in the future. Ive paid in to the 100s approaching 1000 to fix the mistakes and its been a nightmare...

Defo not a fan anymore ive spent thousands with them and its cost me alot more time and headache and money than i ever could have imagined. A bit gutted but hope they sort these issues out. Im pleased with the van and people compliment it often which gives me solace

Travelin lite if u read this post - sort your products out pls
That sounds horrendous mate, I don’t like giving company,s a bad rap online but they’re far away from the company that started out on Ebay all those years ago, travelinlite used to do some banging spotlight and DRL light mods, but they seem to sell cheap Chinese parts now. but they’re not on their own.
I’ve toyed with the facelift plan for a while now and I’m not going to lie I’ve looked at their website as well as others.
I’m kind of wanting to go more down the swamper look just simple black bumpers, but nobody does the kit it’s all spoilers and ready primed painted kits, that flake off in a few years. More and more I find myself giving VW a call at least the fit is right.
I did complain about the wing mirrors and i got no answer, so I just kept them, I’ve even put a review on their website. and they posted it.

#21 ·
I totally get you mate, we as a community have to protect each other from making the same mistakes.
I can’t recommend those wing mirrors because they don’t fit like the description says.
as for yourself that’s an hell of a lot of money and hassle, and it’s not just something you can send back in the post after you’ve spent hours trying to fit and sadly they know this .. and that really grinds on me.
So yes we need to let each other know about which companys are rocking it right now, and which are bad , and not feel guilty because it’s our money, and time and effort.
Your bus does look mint, loving the colour 👍

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.