VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just picking up my 07 t5 and have a few concerns if anyone with knowledge can help with advise that wpuld be great - it seems to have turbo whine at 1500rpm is this normal? A text with the answer to 07786138920 would be amazing

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Mine starts to whistle from that kind of rev range, but I wouldn't call it a whine. I love my turbo whistle:)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers guys appreciate your help! I love my T5 so far apart from the fact when I went to pick it up nolt all the things I paid for have been done and have now been told they can't be done which is annoying - after a 2 hour drive home from garage the parking sensors are no longer working and one of the rear bumper reflectors has fallen off! So upsetting as I've been waiting for a month for them to prepare the van!
One of the things I had fitted was also 'Front fog lights' - I am now very confused as these were sold as 'Fog lights' however I was told when I collected it that you cannot fit 'Fog lights' andthe lights that are fitted are driving lights that only work when full beam is on - Is this true or am I being fobbed off?

There are several other things but I don't want to go on and on...

I am going to call the sales man tomorrow as he wasn't there when I collected it and hopefully rectify some of the issues if anyone can help withthe fog light question that would be great.

Shame as they seem like such a brilliant place to buy the van from hopefully they will be able to help and keep that reputation.

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
Foglights can be fitted to anything. You need a new headlight switch and a relay, job done.

It sounds like you're 2 hours away from Transporterland to me. I'd say walk away, this is too much BS to get before you've even driven away in the van.

·
Registered
875 Posts
+1 Bobley... sounds like over promising and under delivering on a grand scale..... check paperwork to see if what they said they would do was written down reject the van until all fixed up or possibly walk away....

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't walk away I own it now lol and have taken it home as I had no other choice I staked everything on the van i.e. sold my car and everything :(

·
Registered
173 Posts
dont get too down about your van .there are some quality trades on this sight who will go out of there way to give you a execellent service.so sit back read and learnT:

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Hi mate sorry to hear your problems as owning a new vehicle is supposed to be a happy experience. The fog light bit is utter rubbish i'd say that they probably only had those or thier supplier cocked up. I would ask for it to be rectified or money back to get it done yourself and offer to post the driving lamps back to them once you have it done. It is possible that they don't have anyone there who is able to wire up fogs so easy option is slap a couple of conectors on to the main beam wires. Some companies annoy me they are very quick to take your money then have no backup and hope you get fed up with ringing And then they get away with it. Lot's of Woody's out there COWBOY'S.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't help but feel a little down - however I have compiled a little list and have left a message for the slaes man to call back.

I would like to say also that I didn't buy it from Transporterland.com before they get any bad press for this when it wasn't them.

Thanks for your support guys I now just hope the garage are decent and either fix it, reimburse me and I'll have it fixed or something else gets sorted.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Did they offer any warranty on the sale? If they have not done something that was supposed to have been done write to them and indicate your willingness to involve Trading Standards if necessary.

Good luck, stay positive after all once it is all sorted you will have a blast T:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hi mate sorry to hear your problems as owning a new vehicle is supposed to be a happy experience. The fog light bit is utter rubbish i'd say that they probably only had those or thier supplier cocked up. I would ask for it to be rectified or money back to get it done yourself and offer to post the driving lamps back to them once you have it done. It is possible that they don't have anyone there who is able to wire up fogs so easy option is slap a couple of conectors on to the main beam wires. Some companies annoy me they are very quick to take your money then have no backup and hope you get fed up with ringing And then they get away with it. Lot's of Woody's out there COWBOY'S.
+1 on this, I'll bet this is exacty what happened. Cheaper easier and quicker to do this that get a new switch and a relay.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well had a lovely little chat with sales man this afternoon he is sending me several bits and bobs that are easily to replace by myself (one of which is a new spare wheel - not sure how the one on the van passed the mot)

He is also having a word with his boss to see how they are going to over come the issue with the fog lights ( I want a caravelle switch) Also have said that with regards to the multi locks that I paid to have removed that haven't been they can either give me the money back, give me a third seat for in the back or soem shiny chrome running bars.

Lastly (off top of my head) I have registered the issue with my now not working parking sensors (they beep once then do nothing) with them so that when I cannext go to them they can fix them (if not before hand)

cheers again guys

·
Registered
90 Posts
hope it all works out mate, i had one or two issues as well but were quickly sorted by the same company as you are using....

keep your chin up and keep mithering Rich!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts