VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and I really could use a swift reply to this!
I have been sitting on a set if Eibachs ready to fit, then I decided to sell. However after looking at my van all day (whilst cleaning and polishing) and I reckon my van might even be over standard ride height at the moment.
Is anyone able to give me a measurement from hub to arch, on their standard height van?
Every time I drove round the corner and see my van I have always thought it's abnormally high up, the horn is completely exposed, I can see an awful lot of the underside. It's always had a fair bit of body roll, which I assumed was because of the heavy Holdsworth pop top, but thinking back to my Autohomes T25 that never rolled as much, that is until I rebuilt the roof with an internal 10'x5' chunk of marine 5-ply!
Just wanted to check and see if I have some sort of heavy duty rear end set up, it does have rubber pads under the rear springs, and there is a good 40-50mm of thread left on the front adjusters.

Help would be greatly appreciated and could decide whether or not I sell the Eibachs or if standard springs would help.
See pics below

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lowering it wont affect how much of the underside you can see, you have early bumpers which arent as deep which is why the horns are visible. If anything it looks lower than mine on standard suspension, the top of my tyres are level with the tops of the bumpers.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Si
That's a very generous and tempting offer, I will get back to you ASAP. When are you up this way?

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Urgent, please help, ride height standard t4 **solved thank you**

Solution found, many thanks for your replies gents

1 - 8 of 8 Posts