VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My head unit in the van has a front USB connection, which i had hooked up to the mp3 player etc, but i don't often take the player out or want to leaver it in the van, so i needed a daily flash drive, i knew i wanted a small one so i order one of these, 8gb version in with red band and LED to match the head unit also.

Just got it today and it is so small its amazing, looks great in the unit better than a cable trailing about it only sticks out about 5mm.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150387999857

Not bad for £17 ?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I got a 4GB flash drive that I use but it sticks out quite a bit so I use an extension cable but you could still knock it out, think one of these is on the cards!! Nice find Jim. T:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
OK I'm gonna show my ignorance.
So how does it work? Do you simply download from itunes onto the flashdrive, then the appropriate head unit dislpays on a small screen whats on the drive, and you then selct and play :confused:

10,824 Posts
OK I'm gonna show my ignorance.
So how does it work? Do you simply download from itunes onto the flashdrive, then the appropriate head unit dislpays on a small screen whats on the drive, and you then selct and play :confused:
More like a plug in bloody long cd T: But it does show on the screen what is playing the same as cds

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
More like a plug in bloody long cd T: But it does show on the screen what is playing the same as cds
Ah! I see, thanks for that T: I presume you can skip forwards and backwards the same as on a CD?

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Another for Santa's list then.

Thanks Jim for the link and Dantro for the extra info A:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts