VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals, hoping someone can shed a bit of light onto this and stop me worrying! My van (05 2.5 130) has started using a bit of oil. It's not much, around 1/2 a litre every 2-3000 miles, but before the last service I have never had to put any extra in at all. The motor has done 126600, and has fsh.

Is it something to be worried about? Is this the start of something falling appart? Is there anything obvious that I can have a look at that might point to the problem? Is it possible that the oil filter didn't get put back on properly after the last service and is leaking a little? I've done a decent search but can't see find much about oil consumption.

Any advice would be greatly recieved.

Cheers in advance.

Chris.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Do you think you have lost half a litre down the side of the oil filter,try a torch and have a look underneath, even pull the belly pan off and look up, have you got a puddle where you park it?:*
If not then its probably burning it,most likely worn turbo where it will come out of bearings and blow out of exhaust:eek:
could also be crankcase back pressure oil fumes sucked out of crankcase by EGR but I think 1/2 litre may be a lot for that :(
These engines don't seem to suffer from bore wear or worn valve guides as a rule.:eek:...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts