VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have raked the Forum for this but seems lots of folk are looking for the same thing.
Am looking into rigging a table in the back of the van but not keen on the slidey rail system or digging a hole or indeed fitting any more brackets.
Currently rolling with 2x 4 mounts for the bench so it can sit in the 2nd or 3rd row depending on function as day van or travel luggage wagen.
Question is has anyone come up with an ingenious way to fix anything down onto the existing seat anchor points?:*

I keenly await enlightenment.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you mean the flat base one mate it is cool but I don't really want to be adding any more fittings onto the floor of the van.
With the seat mounts its getting a bit busy already.
Am looking at claw clamps and the like..

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Almost something GoPoro esque so you can tighten onto the seat anchor and have it screwed into whatever you want to fix to the deck.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ive looked at loads of ingenious ways of trying to get a table in the back for when the kids want it, & for all of us to sit around eating lunch, I can't think of anything that goes where you want it to, your going to have to engineer your own. He only thing I've found that ticks most of my boxes is this:

http://www.kiravans.co.uk/scopema-rib-campervan-seats/vw-t5-swivels/swing-out-table-leg-wall-mounted

I don't really want the table leg in the way of the kids legs, but thinking of tucking the whole thing under the rear seats when not in use somehow, & then fixing the table to the rear of the double passenger. Good luck.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Dreamclean. Have looked at those too, a cool idea but not really the thing I'm after.
The sliding table rail is ok too but is just unsubstantial.
My van is set up a little different from most so will need that next level of thought.
I have this image in my head that needs developing.

Cue A-Team music and me locked in my workshop... "This time next year Rodney..."

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not sure that go pro clamp will be strong enough but if you search for a superclamp (used in photographic studios) they are much stronger and can also be used with a manfrotto magic arm which again is also very sturdy. Easy to remove with options to attach to odd shapes.��

1 - 9 of 9 Posts