VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm wanting to sort out using my phone in my van, i have a nokia bluetooth head set but its a bit pants and i have to keep switching it on and off, which is a pain :(

i'm thinking either installing at bluetooth system, like a parrot, any thought???

or getting at new bluetooth stereo, would like it to be a sony to connect to my control stalk and want to connect my ipod.

what do other people use are they any good, what about an echo when you talk??

thought please T:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Ive got a SONY MEX BT2600 headunit - I really like it and my phone connect through it for calls and playing music. No fuss, looks good and sound is more then adequate for me

T:

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts
T:go for the mki9200 bluetooth and ipod/usb/sd card/3.5mm and a2dp music streaming kit its bloody lovely
its a top bit of kit and you will be happy with it it does so much more than just bluetoothing you calls T:

·
Registered
683 Posts
I run an alpine headunit & seperate nokia handsfree kit.

The handsfree kit is excellent, no noise, easy controls, no echo etc etc, well happy with it

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Don't use it when driving at all

It is a fine and or a prison sentance if proved to be the cause of an accident
Ans they check with your service provider to check if the phone was in use at the time of the accident

We have just had one of our drivers done for this at work 1000 pounds and 6 points
And now no job

Andy

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
you what?

Its perfectly legal to take calls on a bluetooth headunit when driving!

I think the issue is using the phone in your hand when driving

·
Registered
416 Posts
I had a Parrot ck3100 in my last van, excellent piece of kit. Miss it, sold it with van.
Going to get another one.........voice activated among other features and simple to use.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Ans they check with your service provider to check if the phone was in use at the time of the accident

We have just had one of our drivers done for this at work 1000 pounds and 6 points
And now no job

Andy
Gutted for him, but if he had his phone in his hand then its his fault,

this is whay i want a decent bluetooth kit T:

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
T:go for the mki9200 bluetooth and ipod/usb/sd card/3.5mm and a2dp music streaming kit its bloody lovely
its a top bit of kit and you will be happy with it it does so much more than just bluetoothing you calls T:
does the ipod connect via a lead then??

is there anything a little cheaper, i've seen the parrot ones that don't have a screen

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I got one of these. Easy to fit (3 wires I think) and does the job well. Mine was £15 posted off ebay.

·
Registered
683 Posts
It's the nokia ck-7w, i didn't pay for it fortunately, my old man fits these & tracking systems for a firm & got me it with er...... spare parts! I:

Though if need be I would definately by one, volume & touch button control all in one switch, voice activation & I have mine wired to the headunit so when it fires up so does the bluetooth kit as it uses the dash speakers for the phone but leaves the music playing through the amps T:

·
Registered
362 Posts

And now no job

Andy
my mate got taken of his bike by a guy on a roundabout using his phone( not hands free) he fractured both wrists and broke his lower arm and lower leg, so quite nasty, the police refused to check with the phone company to see if he was using his phone and the guy got away scott free,
hands free is ok, i have two one that goes on the visor that you press then say the name and it call people , but its a pain it needs charging all the time and i dont want some ugly lead running up to my visor,
also if i have my phone plugged into th eradio using the mp3 bit of it i can make and take calls that way

·
Registered
163 Posts
The amount of crashes I've been to where I suspect a mobile 'phone has been involved! One of my greatest hates is a selfish tw*t with their 'phone glued to their ear weaving along merrily, but going past a speed camera at the speed limit. ********s.

My mate went to an RTC where the 'phone was still connected to the other person. Unfortunately, the driver wasn't connected to 'life' anymore. Trees don't tend to move.

DON'T DO IT!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
so I think we've all sussed that using your phone conventionally when driving is both dangerous and illegal

That is why this thread was created - so someone could look into a good hands free kit T:

·
Registered
2007 T5 2.5TDi Kombi 130bhp in Shadow Blue
1,708 Posts
From what I know andymacdonald30 is right.

Yes it is not ILLEGAL to use a handsfree kit while driving as long as the phon is not held in anyway and you only push buttons (the same way as you would push the buttons on you car radio etc.)

However, in the event of an accident you could be done for driving without due care and attention, dangerous driving or similar if using a phone even handsfree.

I have a Nokia kit in my car, terrible echo some people won't call me on it, it's that bad, but only since i got an LG phone, worked sweet with my Samsung :confused:

·
Registered
362 Posts
i have heard the parrat thing is good,a few of our customers use them and when ive been in there cars it seems pretty clear, but i think you still have to touch your phone which that is enough to get you 3 points

·
Banned
310 Posts
I use the Parrot 3200 linked thro headunit, held in a brodit (Nokia66)holder which fixed in charger, really clear and easy to use and fit, auto answer and all that, not too expensive and easy to use. Would recommend to anybody
Paul

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I use the Parrot 3200 linked thro headunit, held in a brodit (Nokia66)holder which fixed in charger, really clear and easy to use and fit, auto answer and all that, not too expensive and easy to use. Would recommend to anybody
Paul
I have the ck3200 as well, and it is a great handsfree and you dont need to touch the phhone at all to make or receive a call. You can program it with voice commands or use the rotary dial to scroll through contacts (it downloads the contacts from your phone.

I believe they have a new version with bluetooth streaming.

When I was looking ironically the cheapest place (and it included fitting) was halfrauds.

John R

1 - 20 of 25 Posts