VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Firstly im sorry if im being a dumb-ass but i cant find any where in the forum that gives a basic step by step guide to fitting coil overs to a t5 im looking at ordering the v-maxx coil overs but am a little worried that with out a ramp/hoist i may be bitting off more than i can chew any help would be greatly apprecated
Phill

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi there,

I've done exactly the same and ordered some, thinking of fitting them myself. I've done my homework and been speaking to a mate who'se just fitted them think that it's probably pretty easy to do the back, but a bit more full-on to do the fronts on the driveway at home. My mate had access to a ramp as well and said that the guys who claim to have put them on in an hour must be doing things like it all day every day, as it took him and another person best part of the afternoon with some chunky tools to do the front. (He also thought hat you might need 2-3 trolley jacks to hold the driveshafts in place if doing at home, unless you have a ramp).

We've both come from years of tinkering with aircoolers, so he's pretty handy with a spanner... just thought I'd mention it.

... Anyway, I found this yesterday, my mate used it as a rough guide and said it helped him know what order to things in - its at the bottom of the page.

Hope it helps, cheers

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/f...840_post461983.html?KW=fitting+springs#461983

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yep backs easy just make sure adjuster goes at top and file of lumps so you can do so,
Fronts easy as well under two stardrives either side of balljoint instead of having to seperate balljoint, aparently anti roll bar can course ag but mine was new so was ok, will need spring compressor to remove tops of original springs to put on your coilies, my biggest word of advice is support the driveshafts as i managed to disengage the inner cv joint on the drivers side:eek: not good and had to remove the whole thing to a bench to put back together!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts