VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I've searched the threads but have seen nothing about plugs for this motor (sorry in advance if this has already been covered and I missed it).
My t4 multivanII has the v6 AMV motor (on petrol...lpg coming later I hope).
I've seen the recommended Bosch plugs FR7HPP33+ advised with double platinum (sounds impressive), but in the Denso I read SKJ16CR-L11 advised...these are Iridium centre/platinum ground.
Anybody know if they are identical (doubt it), and if not, which are better?
Also, I've found various youtube clips about how to do plug shifting for the AXK motor, wondering if this procedure is similar/exactly same for AMG motors?
Thanks in advance,
Slick (looking forward to getting my hands dirty)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go here:
https://www.autodoc.co.no

and put your registration number in.

Should show correct part.
Thanks for that link. Problem is, both these plugs I've mentioned (plus a lot of other brands) have popped up there.
Question is, are there any of these that are better/recommended (ie. double platinum vs iridium/platinum) from T4 drivers?
Incidentally, I worked at the spare parts counter of Biltema for 6 years pumping out spark plugs and other parts to people based on this rego system, even read all the fine print in the cross reference books too, still unsure of all the nitty gritty regarding plugs....but I do know some brands are better than others.
Any links or info/videos regarding plug changing for this motor?
Slick

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,201 Posts
Haha.....
I was going to say "Don't buy Biltema ones...as they source the cheapest possible!"....

I guess you know that as you worked there!.

Have you tried the VW dealers?

Usually, cheap means poor, but with the T4, as it's now become a "collector" vehicle, there is what's know in UK as the "Scene Tax".

Many parts from other vehicles are exactly the same, but half the price!

Don't know the name of your local VW "van" dealer, it's Møller up our way. (My problem is trying to ask in my "NorwEnglish" for the parts I want!!! I:

Your problem on this site is...almost nobody would have a petrol engine by choice, especially not the V6!!:eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha.....
I was going to say "Don't buy Biltema ones...as they source the cheapest possible!"....

I guess you know that as you worked there!.

Have you tried the VW dealers?

Usually, cheap means poor, but with the T4, as it's now become a "collector" vehicle, there is what's know in UK as the "Scene Tax".

Many parts from other vehicles are exactly the same, but half the price!

Don't know the name of your local VW "van" dealer, it's Møller up our way. (My problem is trying to ask in my "NorwEnglish" for the parts I want!!! I:

Your problem on this site is...almost nobody would have a petrol engine by choice, especially not the V6!!:eek:
Oh yeah! I agree, Biltema deserve the reputation they have, but actually there are some parts (lambda exhaust sensors for certain Audis come to mind) where they provide the same part for a fraction of the price offered at the dealers. Even some brake pads/discs are ok, as long as you know what you're in for.
I've decided on the Bosch double platinums, ebay from the UK still cheaper than the Brisk brand at Biltema (cheaper than anything really here in Norge). Even ordered 2 x 3 packs from different sellers to avoid the 300 kr tax limit on imports.
Guess Møllers are my local dealers, but I'll save contacting them for hardcore issues and parts. I also have a great mechanic walking distance up the road who has a good rep on the t4 norwegian forum, so that's lucky. Still keen to do the plug shift myself based on what I've seen and read so far.
But you've surprised me with that last comment....something I'm missing? I especially chose this multivan for the v6....should be perfect for long drives to the Mediterranean countries, especially after the LPG gets installed is the way I see it. What's the catch?
Slick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts