VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My van broke it's cambelt a few months ago and got it working again, after some serious cash!!! Since then the van has been a bit under powered, not very noticeable with normal driving conditions, but got a big freight a couple of weeks ago when towing a caravan and lost power on the hills!! So the searching began for this powerloss!

Some hoses from the turbo to the intake was leaking where the orriginal VW clamps was still in place, replaced it and it did make a differance but still not as before the cambelt. While doing all of this I decided to blank the EGR and replaced all the vacuum hoses, and clean the pipes and intercooler out, which had some oil in, not much, but noticeable!!

When I started with the vacuum hoses I realized that the plumbing was all wrong on the N75 valve, thus the major problem with the van being underpowered!!!!!!!! My question though is does anybody know where all the pipes go from and to the N18 valve?

Also the O-ring at the turbo inlet was so worn the pipe just fell of when I removed the bolt, thus sucking un-metered air in. My turbo also have a bit of play on the shaft on the inlet side, not much, but it is there. So now I need to rebuild the turbo also. Better to do it now then to replace the whole lot later on after it blew up!!

Thanks to the guys who posted a LOT of articles in the technical articles that helped me so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance for the help!!!!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Guys,

My van broke it's cambelt a few months ago and got it working again, after some serious cash!!! Since then the van has been a bit under powered, not very noticeable with normal driving conditions, but got a big freight a couple of weeks ago when towing a caravan and lost power on the hills!! So the searching began for this powerloss!

Some hoses from the turbo to the intake was leaking where the orriginal VW clamps was still in place, replaced it and it did make a differance but still not as before the cambelt. While doing all of this I decided to blank the EGR and replaced all the vacuum hoses, and clean the pipes and intercooler out, which had some oil in, not much, but noticeable!!

When I started with the vacuum hoses I realized that the plumbing was all wrong on the N75 valve, thus the major problem with the van being underpowered!!!!!!!! My question though is does anybody know where all the pipes go from and to the N18 valve?

Also the O-ring at the turbo inlet was so worn the pipe just fell of when I removed the bolt, thus sucking un-metered air in. My turbo also have a bit of play on the shaft on the inlet side, not much, but it is there. So now I need to rebuild the turbo also. Better to do it now then to replace the whole lot later on after it blew up!!

Thanks to the guys who posted a LOT of articles in the technical articles that helped me so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance for the help!!!!!!!

Forgot to mention it is a 2.5 TDi 102hp ACV engine

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like the bus is sorted! Will take it out for a spin tomorrow morning, and will do some fine hills with it!!!! Just one question though: On the vacuum hose from the brake master cylinder, on the right side of the engine (above the fuel pump) is a valve, there are two vacuum hoses on the valve, one going to the heater matrix the other goes to one of the valves on top. There is a T-junction on this hose, where does the other end of the T goes :confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took the bus out this afternoon for a longish drive over a nice mountain, BOY! WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bus feels like a freight train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The power is awesome!!!!!!!A:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts