VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 2.5tdi acv
Had a leak, not a bad leak, from where vacuum pump joins engine, so replaced seal, was hard and brittle, still leaked so replaced seal again and used a sealant aswell, still leaked and noticed it was also now leaking from the outer part of pump aswell so just got a new pump, part number 074145100A, VW said that part number was superseeded and the new pump is over £300 which I didnt want to pay incase it didnt stop it, so got a pump online(Febi Bilstein, not a cheapy!, was £200), still leaks! Is not as bad tho at mo, will keep eye on it. Does anyone know if this older pump was prone to problems and why VW changed it? The new seal vw supple is different aswell, I used the seal that came with the new pump which is the same as the old one. Has anyone fitted the newer type pump? Is the groove the seal sits in different?
Out of all the jobs I done or had done on the van form Cambelts to DMF/Clutch and gear link bushes this has been the hardest problem to solve! The van is great apart from this.

Would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention, the 1st time I replaced the seal I used the newer one which leaked worse, wondered if I got it the wrong way round as its shaped, the second time I just used the older type seal which was a bugger to get hold of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts