VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I fitted the retrofit cruise control kit to my X reg, 2.5TDi today and its not working. Firstly, I didn't look very hard for alternative connectors behind the fuse box, just picked the only one I could see that would fit the cable in the kit.

I found a german page http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.t4-wiki.de%2Fwiki%2FGeschwindigkeitsregelanlage_(mit_E-Gas) which states that measuring block 66 will display the bits I need to make sure the CCS/ clutch switch and brake switch are working ok. Can someone confirm that these measuring blocks are correct please?

Thanks

Ross

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
do a general scan with vagcom and in the ecu section in the box at top you should get the code "Goosg" (think thats how its spelt). Anyway if it has the G on the front then the cruise is activated, if its just "oosg" then you need to activate it.
Mine didnt work first go even though it said it was activated, so i deactivated it and reactivated it and it was fine.
If neither of this works then look at the brake/clutch switches.
Think you need to be over 30mph the cruise to work as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Thanks for the reply.

I do have the G infront. Not sure if I activated it, or if it was already activated but I entered the login code 11463 so if the software has permission it should of activated it.

How do I disactivate it? (I'm using VCDS-Lite by the way, I used to have Vag-Com 311.2 but the laptop with it on died so had to install the latest Ross-Tech software).

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, for future reference the Measuring block is 006. I checked and the codes being displayed in the measuring block those in the table on the site I linked earlier (so brake and clutch pedal are working).

Can't think why it's not working. Is there a fuse somewhere I need to check?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nevermind, did some research and seems that 16167 is the code to deactivate cruise control.

I'm not confident that this is the answer though, will do some research but could do with knowing which fuses to check. I only just bought the van and don't have an owners manual or haynes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK I've sorted this and the cruise control is now working!

It was my poor driving style causing the problem. Because I only had a short stretch of road (about long enough to get up to 35mph) to test the van on (no insurance yet) outside of my house I had my foot resting on the clutch pedal VERY slightly, which was stopping the cruise control switching on.

The clutch switch is very sensative it seems!

Anyway, let the long journeys begin!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.