VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Vag.com T5 help needed

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  thatch66 
#1 ·
Hello all,
Just say what a fantastic site full of knowledge and wisdom and I could do with some of your help.
I have a T5 2.5 BNZ engine 2006 that had a water pump go that milled the internal casing and sent metal through the engine. I was advised. To go for a replacement engine and turbo. Finally a donor was found and a turbo, all went back in and started eventually but after a day was getting cold start problems and over boosting fault code took the plunge and had the injector seals done, cured the cold start. I am know still getting the management light and flashing glow plug and the fault code over boosting.
Is there anybody in the Wiltshire area with VAG.COM who could have a look at the read outs.checked intercooler pipes and vacuum side, can't find anything wrong.
Also how do I check the turbo is running right?
Kind regards
Paul

#6 ·
Thanks everyone for the info,
I have found if the vacuum to the cooler is clamped it runs better and dosen't through any lights, but top end is flat and it has become heavy on fuel.
Do you think a leaking diaphragm on the cooler could be responsible for over boost on the turbo? Code PO299.
TH performance I will give you a ring if I can't resolve it
Thanks in advance
Kind regards
Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.