VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking on ebay for a vagcom scanner, found various generic scanners that say they are vagcom!!!!! can anyone recomend one ??

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I have an £8 cable and a free version of VGCS lite. Will read and clear codes. Not sure about the scanner units.

·
Custom Vans
1,179 Posts
MaxScan 405 VAG, you can read codes and clear them and it is for CAN-BUS vehicles too.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i have a maxscan 405, very good for having in the van when travelling, will have to get the vagcom set eventually. it reads and resets codes fine, but sometimes you need to read the memory for engine for example several times before it shows the codes when they are there. but well worth the money as it does other makes as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001A33HAG

I got this one from Amazon,has worked flawlessly on my T5 and a Golf. Under £50 and would recommend
Hi - apologies I know this is an old thread. I have bought one of these VGATE VS450 scanners to try and resolve an airbag fault light that I caused in my 2010 Caravelle by taking out the passenger seat.

However when I plug it in it powers on but throws up a Link Error! message halfway through trying to load the airbag fault codes. If you are still around noodle73 do you know what is happening? It says it is version 2.7 at startup.

Thanks

·
Special Rapporteur
9,908 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket radio? If so, have you checked the Ross-Tech info on the problems this can cause for the OBD port?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts