VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Its worth what someone is willing to pay for it , like everything . With your previous post , it seems you are implying theres more to it than may be obvious . Sorry ..

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Not exactly forthcoming , are you ...?? 6 posts , when all you had to say , is ... looking at this , with th prospect of maybe buying it , etc ...!! That completely changes things .

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
ok , all I wanted was a valuation , does it matter if im thinking of buying or own it , it would be the same price surely
No, it wont be the same. If you own it, you will know what the condition of the rest of it is like so, if good, the acceptable selling price would be higher. If buying, you would have no idea of the condition, so the buying offer price would be lower.

Also, if you are asking for help, it is common sense (not to mention common courtesy) to give the helpers as much information as possible.

So, based on your information and courtesy, my suggested price would be

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Right , back to the start , to try and help you ... With the existing corrosion , from the photo,s you posted , I would suggest you inspect the vehicle carefully for further corrosion . You could be faced with stripping the intierior to repair other areas . This could drastically increase repair cost , and lower purchase price , depending on what you find . You must look at the vehicle as a whole , not just front/rear panels .

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the advice , had a look round the rest of the van , all seems fine , but its the price £8000 seems a lot of money for 1992 van

1 - 12 of 12 Posts