VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking for opinions on the value of a T4 please!

It is:
VW T4 Transporter
1995 N Reg
2.4 diesel
251k Miles
MOT end Feb 12
Tax end Feb 12

Some service history, cambelt was changed approx 10k Miles ago.

It was painted a few years back in Golf R32 Blue
Recaro seats from an Alfa Romeo 156
Stainless Steel Twin Exhaust
Carpeted rear panelling
Passat V6 Alloys

The paint isn't brilliant, the van looks great until you get close where some rust bubbling on the arches and signs of paint/lacquer peel become apparent.

So.. What's it Worth?!?..

Many thanks

Baz

·
add The Burrell on Xbox Live
831 Posts
Recaro seats from an Alfa Romeo 156

sorry that drivers seat also looks like someone had a curry last night, so will need changing, thus alfa 156 seats are NOT a selling point LOL:
theres plenty more fish in the pond fella! dont rush into something you may regret later IMO

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have to agree..... Engine will need an overhaul (and wonder if its worth it with relatively high miles) or a recon engine (Budget £1500 - 2000), Body work needs the works doing - £1000-1500, plus the £500 for the van means that for £3.5k you get a P reg van with a clean body and sound engine which makes it worth £2000.

So its just not worth doing so sadly this T4 has reached the end of its life and it will probably be broken :blg

The only chance for this van is it can find someone keen who can do all the work as a labour of love, and its still only worth breaker value £3-500

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
its only worth what someones willing to pay!!!
The pictures show it in a very poor and neglected state, i paid £900 for my panel van, less miles no history no tax and a fresh MOT which wasnt worth the paper it was printed on..
A weekends work and some elbow grease and a few quid spent on TLC would see it looking relatively ok...
Price????
Based on the N reg in campermart last weekend at £5.5K i'd say at lease £2K!!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I think that with a clean and tidy up it would make around £1200 to 1400 on Ebay. Having said that if you look carefully it is easy to find a much better base van for just a bit more money.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just looking at two vans and wondered if i could get a opinion as to what you think they are worth. Thanks in advance

Van 1 - (Seller Description)

vw transporter t4 2.5tdi
2001, Y REG
153000 miles
PROFESIONALY FITTED TINTED SIDE WINDOWS
REAR CARAVELLE FULL WIDTH SEATS FITTED WITH SEATBELTS,WOULD SEAT SIX IN TOTAL
MOT UNTIL 27/5/2012
TAX JUST EXPIRED 12/2011(WILL TAX AT BUYERS EXPENSE IF REQUIRED)
BODYWORK HAS A FEW DENTS HERE AND THERE BUT NO MAJOR RUST ISSUES ANY WERE
REAR LOWERED 50MM ON T4s Rus SPRINGS
FRONT SUSPENSION LOWERED TO MATCH
AUDI RS8 REPLICA ALLOYS WITH 225/40/18 TYRES
SERVICED WITH RECEIPT FOR CAMBELT AND WATERPUMP ON 1/6/2011
HAS HAD NEW BATTERY FITTED
ENGINE HAS HAD A PROFESIONAL RE-MAP BY NATHAN AT WAGONWORX,PUMP TIMING ADJUSTED TO SUIT
NEW MAF FILTER
PP TUNING DE-CAT STAINLESS EXHAUST
VAN HAS BEEN USED FOR WORK AND CAMPING BUT NEVER USED TO CARRY HEAVY LOADS.
RECEIPTS KEPT FOR ALL WORK
DRIVES REALLY WELL AND WOULD MAKE A GOOD CAMPER PROJECT

Van 1 (Images)

Van 2 (Sellers Description)

This is my vw t4 up for sale.bought this as a project for the winter to convert into a full camper but change of circumstances has changed that.this is a very solid van with a good 1.9d(non turbo) it has 1 captains chair and a single passenger,clarion cd player, audi alloys, fully ply lined and new carpet to the floor, i started to build a bed/seat as shown in pic,lots of storage in the back under the bed/chair,new battery£75 new fan belt,and recent suspension springs so sitting a little higher ,2x doors at rear and 1x side door ,body good for a 19 yr old van some signs of bubbles under paint work but nothing major ,very few dents,

bad points
the petrol gauge and temp gauge have stop working,spoke to a mech and he said prob need a new set of clocks (£50/60 on ebay) also i broke the hazard switch trying to get the clock out(£10 on ebay) and the heater switch need attention other than that its a good van with a good engine dont really want to sell it but i have to,this could be a great van for summer with some TLC ,

open to sensible offers

if anyone else was confused this van does have an mot & tax

Van 2 (Images)

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
lots of cheap rubish vans about at moment especialy from london area. they only fit for scrap.and they can make £1000+ for parts i should know done 2 last year .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for the replies! I gave up after checking every hour for the first couple of days, I guess I'm used to edition38 speed of posting, however, the replies here are much more helpful and well thought out! T:

My next question, the tax and MOT are due to expire within the month, do you think it would be more desirable with full MOT?

Thanks again.

Baz

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Thank you for the replies! I gave up after checking every hour for the first couple of days, I guess I'm used to edition38 speed of posting, however, the replies here are much more helpful and well thought out! T:

My next question, the tax and MOT are due to expire within the month, do you think it would be more desirable with full MOT?

Thanks again.

Baz
A new ticket will make a big difference on a good day with a year on the Mot it might get to a grand T:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts