VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's just been confirmed, it now looks like I'll be leaving in Jan/Feb to go round the world. Therefore I think it's probably a wise idea that I consider selling the T4 - as it's not gonna do it any good lying there for over 12 months, and the money is gonna be needed elsewhere :D

Bit gutted really, as it took me about 9 months on and off to find my van cos I wanted a 2.5TDI that was in good nick. I really don't know what future plans are gonna look like now tho, so don't see the point in leavin it sat here.

It's a 2.5TDI 88bhp
2001 with elec windows (one shot) and elec heated mirrors
102k miles
1 owner from new until I got it in Feb this year
Been serviced from new by the garage that I bought it from. They looked after it for the company who owned it, and it got whatever it needed, when it needed it.
It's black in colour, and looks tidy when washed. It does have some dings and dents so will require a full paint to look 100%. I had planned this, but it's more than tidy enough for me for the time being. There's no rust at all and she's solid, so that's what I was interested in overall. As I'd planned to paint it metallic Grey eventually anyway lol

Has had plenty of maintenance, and wants for nothing. Never let me down in the 5.5k I've done in it this year. Has full bulkhead, and 3 seats in the front. Currently has my ice in it (which sounds great) and nothing in the back. I've started to flashband one side, but my planned conversion has been very slow progress due to funds and busy work schedule.

I really don't know what to put it up for, so I'd appreciate some thoughts. Would possibly take a cheaper van in p/x or any other car as I'm gonna need something to get me by till I leave.

So, hit me with your thoughts guys.

Mike

·
Literally, white van man
4,072 Posts
I:Got any pictures?
Sounds to be in reasonable condition, I would hazzard a guess but it would have no basis for a true value as it's worth what someone is willing to pay, What sort of ball park are you looking at?
Probably not the answer you were looking for I'll bet:(
Chris

It just so happens I'm looking for a van and have a Starship miles 1.9 TDIA4 estate, FSH and 11 months MOT tax till April, reasonable tyres, good to go really. I use it daily and get 45mpg plus (50+ on long runs)
PM me if it takes your fancy
Chris

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's it Chris, I just need a feel for what people are willing to pay so I can price it accordingly. Don't wanna ask too much, but wanna make sure I get a fair price for it - as it's all going in the travelling fund, so the more the better as it's gonna enable me to have more/better experiences while away :ILU:

Mike

·
Registered
809 Posts
Pictures might help to give am overall impression of condition. All T4's seem to be making good money on ebay at moment seems to be very much the "van in demand"

Check ebay completed auctions this might give you a ball park figure. T:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good idea Bobbster, can't see why I didn't think of that !

Cheers.

I'll put some pics up tomorrow when it's light.

Mike

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Good idea Bobbster, can't see why I didn't think of that !

Cheers.

I'll put some pics up tomorrow when it's light.

Mike
Make sure you stick those pictures in the classifieds section though when you are ready to sell, if you are selling thats were they should be. Let me know when you have decided and i will close this thread.

Jimmy:ILU:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK Jimmy, will do - cheers.

Only problem I have about putting it in the classifieds section is trying to work out what price to stick on it at the moment :p

Will keep you posted, ta.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts