VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at getting a T5 in the next month or so to convert slow time to a 4 berth camper, as the second biggest expense after the purchase of the van will be the pop up roof I want to get this done whilst I have the cash and asap after I get the van. I've done a bit of googling etc and Vamoose seem to offer a pretty good service at a reasonable cost, has anyone used them?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello, I haven't seen vamoose's work but I did see austops at vanfest last year there roof looked good and was a lot cheaper than reimo. Have a look at there websire see what you think.

·
Registered
412 Posts
My mate has one fitted and it looks good to me. The only thing I don't like are the exposed hinges at the rear.

He's been really happy with it, and when it did develop a fault, they just replaced whatever it was that needed replacing without question. Very good service!

Mark

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello, I haven't seen vamoose's work but I did see austops at vanfest last year there roof looked good and was a lot cheaper than reimo. Have a look at there websire see what you think.
Hi mate, cheers for that, just seen their website, the price is definately attractive, but does the quality suffer?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
He's been really happy with it, and when it did develop a fault, they just replaced whatever it was that needed replacing without question. Very good service!

Mark
I'm looking at getting a pop top and Austops seem a reasonable price but I'm worried about quality - what problems did your mate have with it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
My mate has one fitted and it looks good to me. The only thing I don't like are the exposed hinges at the rear.

I thought the same when I saw it at vanfest but going to go with it anyway - its a over a grand difference after all A: Mind you after speaking with paypack they have a few finishing touches of their own to the Austop now that they are approved fitters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts