VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im' looking to get a lifting roof fitted to my T4 LWB. Initially I was considering the reimo option having done the sums fitted with bed and colour coded roof it doesn't look like I'll get much change from £4k. I started looking at other options and the roof fitted by Vamoose has good reviews. Before I book the van in I'd like to see a conversion, has anyone in Scotland (east coast) had one fitted that I could look at. Has anyone else had one of these fitted on a LWB. ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi mate, been looking at the same option. SWB though.

Simon sent me through a whole load of pictures to show the roof both interior and exterior could email on to you if you want.

My small concern are the clamps as 'Rockla' on here had her roof done and said there was quite a bit of road noise at the front. She has bought a Reimo wind deflector but I don't know if that has sorted it for her.

Would be good to hear from anyone else that has had a Vamoose top done.

Still looks a very good alternative when you look at the cost of a Reimo.

J

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've been looking at the same options, £1000 is a fair difference have either of you had a vamoose roof fitted yet.

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
I've just had one fitted in my LWB velle. Very very pleased with it.
Simon also fitted a wind deflector above the screen so they must be standard fit now.
Not sure if you know but they still use the swb roof for a lwb van but I'm getting a rack made to go behind mine.
1st class service, I arrived at 07.30, was offered tea and toast, was dropped off at the local shopping mall, and van was ready to drive home at 16.30 with a clean van.
Don't think they have any more spaces left this year though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I can only echo what Hecky above said.

Simon put a lot of effort in to have my van done in a day. This is a job that can take other convertors up to a week to do!

First class service, lovely people and a great product. Spent my first night being able to stand up in my van last night and got a surf in on the Scottish East coast first thing this morning. Was able to stand inside out of the rain and get changed in and out my wetsuit too.

Will post pics soon. Anyone in Scotland wanting to see the van before buying a Vamoose top let me know

·
Registered
138 Posts
Where did you go on the east coast? and if you are up that way again let me know I'd would really like a look at your roof, I live in Johnshaven, about 6 miles north of Montrose.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Celticbhoy, thanks for the pics. Any chance of seeing one inside the pop top with the bed up? Does the canvas have a window in? Cheers!

I've exchanged a couple of emails with Simon and they could not do my roof until late January now, but I am starting to think it is worth the wait as they are reasonably local to me and it looks a really good product. The alternative is a much more expensive Reimo roof with a long trip to the South-west.

Liking your units too - nice van!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Celticbhoy, thanks for the pics. Any chance of seeing one inside the pop top with the bed up? Does the canvas have a window in? Cheers!

I've exchanged a couple of emails with Simon and they could not do my roof until late January now, but I am starting to think it is worth the wait as they are reasonably local to me and it looks a really good product. The alternative is a much more expensive Reimo roof with a long trip to the South-west.

Liking your units too - nice van!
Yes, window in the canvass. THe canvass can also be replaced easily should you ever rip it or damage it.

Have used it on a few trips now and its great. The only small alteration I'll make is carpeting, or covering in rubber, the bare metal edging of the strengthening frame parts. Small job that I'll do soon.

Will post some more pics soon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts