VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our 150DSG Kombi is on order for Oct / Nov. Coming with LEDs, swivels, air bags, tow hitch, park sensors, leisure battery... Will change the wheels and Head unit after delivery.

Wheels I will either swap with my current Thunders before we sell T5 or aftermarket 17" 5 spoke.

Head unit most likely Pioneer and will upgrade speakers and add rears.

Busfest is the cut off for conversion ideas.

We are fairly set on a Reimo Variotec 3000 seat - can get 1200 wide in. Did think about Cali but the way the seat works is nowhere near as good as the Reimo.

Also roof is looking most likely a Cali retrofit with T6 canvas. Have considered HiLo for pose value but we really do need motorised as time goes on and we don't need excessive height.

Considering bespoke furniture to replicate in some ways the Reimo sport but to tailored to our needs.

Want to reduce the amount of carpet lining - would prefer wipe clean such as vinyl.

Trying to avoid curtains so might use a Cali tailgate lining and perhaps look for silver screens for front and side.

Have seen an underslung water tank that might be good.

Erbespacher deiesel heater.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow you must be really excited! Can't wait to see her!
Looking forward to it and planning the conversion.

Meanwhile we have a few more trips to do in the current Van Blanc before prepping it to sell. Fortunately we are in no rush so it could wait until next season - unless of course anyone wants it for a reasonable price beforehand?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems appropriate to copy this from another thread;

Don't forget all you prospective converters, we are now into intelligent alternator territory which means that VSR based split charge systems are no good. You will need something like the CTEK Dual 250S or Samlex e Logic 1225. The good news is that although these systems are a bit more expensive they are much better at charging giving 4 stage charging to 100% charge and doing it a lot faster. Great if you wild camp a lot.
I've ordered our van with a second battery so presumably alternator charging is taken care of?

Where should I go with mains hook up for power and charge?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From other thread
Yes, charging is all sorted for you on that option. The T6 still lends itself very well to fitting the hook up point under the bonnet and an RCD and charger under the drivers seat. At this point the van is the same as the T5.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like we are coming up with a build date in November - which is what we wanted. That will be c.18 weeks.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yay! It got here 12 days after the build - should pick it up next Monday.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A few plans have changed or perhaps that should be evolved following on from my OP;

My Anthracite 17" Thunders with new Dunlop Sportmax are going on straight away.

I have bought a 1120mm Uberbus Flux RIB seat ready for the conversion. It will fit directly to Cali floor rails albeit fitted for a left hand sliding door.

The roof is going to be a Cali motorised item freshly painted, with new T6 canvas and remote control.

The blinds will be by Swellshades.

For cooking and heating we have bought a Wallas XC Duo diesel unit so no carrying gas.

Now the furniture can be normal depth, because the RIB is narrower, we have a Vitrifrigo C40L top loader fridge.

Mrs VB has a whole colour / finishes board with the laminates, top, floor, blinds, fabric and leather. It should look pretty smart but be very practical.

So I will add to this thread as the work progresses. Frustratingly it is going to take until March to get it finished.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good - you said it would be ages until it was finished, what's been done and what's still to do??
Nothing has been done yet so there is everything still to do :eek:

The dealer, Eurovans, fitted my wheels and is having it back sometime over the next few weeks to strip the Kombi stuff out as they have made a decent offer and they can have the pleasure of removing it.

We have a date with Mirko at Premium Camper in a few weeks to finalise the fit out details. There are a lot of jobs to do before it goes to Premium Camper in February. It needs to go to Absolut5 for the ICE and to the upholsterer for the leather when I can organise it. I contemplating doing the insulation and the first part of the mains hook up over Christmas and the new year.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Nice graphics.

One question if I may - do you plan to fit additional side windows to get them full length windows or will you leave as it is?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice graphics.

One question if I may - do you plan to fit additional side windows to get them full length windows or will you leave as it is?
Going to leave this one as it is - a bit more van like ;)

The last one we did the rear quarter windows but this one is having a small rear cupboard that covers some of the rear quarter and on the opposite wall panelling with cushioning lower next to the bed and some pockets to match the leather above.

It isn't going to reduce the daylight because the last one had curtains and they cover too much even when open. This one is getting blinds by Swellshades and they don't obscure any daylight.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK had to find something to do;

Duflecta Classics fitted T:

Extra door seals added - makes them close with a nice thud :D

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another small step today, rear seat, fittings, belts and floor lining taken out so now the interior is a blank canvas.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks to Martyn @ Travelvolts aka Upspex being very patient. Ordered the basic leisure / hook up kit today.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts