VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a mate of mine had his t4 broken into today whilst we were surfing. He had his stereo literally ripped out the front, and his wallet and phone stolen from his clothes. The van was a mess when we got back to it, dash damaged etc.... So, the point to this is how easy they got in to it. I won't go into much detail as I don't want some s**t bag learning how to do it. It involved a screw driver above the door handle, (that's it). We took the door card, and handle off after the break in to see how they done it, and we was amazed... (To easy)

Anyway, just be careful what u guys leave on display, and hide any valuables if your leaving them in the van, I know this is txt book stuff, but it really helps!

Also if you can afford extra security, then get it done, even if it is something minor, it could help!

My van was parked next to it, and was thankfully untouched, but still a shock!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
seriously sorry to hear that, not nice to happen
but sounds like you are the ones that need advice
we take the time & effort to make sure anything of seeming value is really well hidden, usually only accessible via the tailgate which has extra security on the inside, or taken with us. can imagine awkward if surfing - like us on long , even overnight, walks.
did you leave clothes containing wallet etc in view? was the van alarmed? any visible deterrents to breaking in? parked where there are people around? any individual security measures? etc etc
will you now take any measures to overcome the easy break-in? pins or deadlocks maybe? secure hidden safe?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I say, my van was untouched luckily, I always take the headset off and lock it away, my phone and wallet are both stashed separately, and make sure nothing is left in view. I'm also alarmed! Unfortunately my mate, (who's van got done), left his wallet and phone in the pocket of his jeans.... And his headset wasn't removable. The van was parked in a busy carpark, full of dog walkers, hikers, surfers etc all day. We've parked in the same spot for years with no issues. I've also just heard through the vine that his wasn't the only one today... And yes, he will be fitting extra security. Always the way, do something about it, after its happened!

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
So a mate of mine had his t4 broken into today whilst we were surfing. He had his stereo literally ripped out the front, and his wallet and phone stolen from his clothes. The van was a mess when we got back to it, dash damaged etc.... So, the point to this is how easy they got in to it. I won't go into much detail as I don't want some s**t bag learning how to do it. It involved a screw driver above the door handle, (that's it). We took the door card, and handle off after the break in to see how they done it, and we was amazed... (To easy)

Anyway, just be careful what u guys leave on display, and hide any valuables if your leaving them in the van, I know this is txt book stuff, but it really helps!

Also if you can afford extra security, then get it done, even if it is something minor, it could help!

My van was parked next to it, and was thankfully untouched, but still a shock!
Such a shame, really gets under my skin. Few years back, well loads I:, we arrived late at the cliffs (climbing) only to find a car full of 'yoofs' just sitting there waiting for the car park to clear - I mean this wasn't your Peak district road side climbing, you had to know the parking and be committed to even get there. It was painfully obvious what was going on, so I walked up to the car told them in no uncertain term to go away before I started on their car with my number 11 hex :eek: ....did the trick. I was young, and mean, wouldn't risk doing it again these days.

They so p122 me off, lazy toe rags.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know you guys say lesson learned etc, but it shouldn't be this way... Why can't people have nice things? Always sum1 about that'll ruin it. This road sounds like one you mentioned, you have to know its there. we've come back from evening surfs and found youths sitting in there cars, but they're usually alright, and just having a smoke etc. And with regards to my van being untouched, I really don't know... Mines slightly newer, and a lot cleaner, maybe they thought I had an alarm, or some 1 was near my side door at the time? Not sure, but I got lucky... Now theres surf today, and don't want to risk parking there, it's not if anything goes missing, it's just the damage! :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts