VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a recent road trip in my van down to the west country, I did find it was a bit hit or miss as to car parks.
I have done a few searches on google and on here and I can't find anything like this.

I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in a database in van friendly car parks?

I could post up car parks in and/or around the oxford area for fellow members would other members be willing to post good/bad car parks where they live/have been???

Stuart. T:

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Local authorities , wherever you are , restrict ..!! Esp. in tourist areas . and its only getting harder . Wild camping may be the way forward ..??

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I like the thought of wild camping, but not with my wife and daughter in tow! I've got a few mountain biking trips planned for my son and I.
I was more talking about when you go to visit towns and city's. Wild camping down a country lane/next to the beach yes please, In the middle of oxford on a Friday or Saturday night (or any other night really)..... no thank you! :eek:

Stuart

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The 3 MMM motorhome mag used to do a monthly feature on carparks with height barriers and non friendly councils.
may be something on their website? :*:*

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 3 MMM motorhome mag used to do a monthly feature on carparks with height barriers and non friendly councils.
may be something on their website? :*:*
I found motorhomeparking.co.uk from the mmm website, still that is more motor home based, I was thinking along the lines of t4/t5 dayvan/camper (or without large grp extensions on the roof) size vans.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Trouble is , things change , locally , with every local council , as they ...progress ....!! Car parks get farmed out to private contractors , height restrictions , etc . Nothing is going to be relevant for any lenghth of time , wherever you go ..

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
JonsfirstT4 - if only everywhere was like here eh? nice free-for-3hrs multi-story that will take our hightop - & cardboard cut-outs of police in the supermarket foyer for security :D
ok, the other shops are mostly still empty, but the joys of living in God's country eh? T:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts