VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heya dudes , im a 20yr guy got like 3yrs driving all clean. Im paying £600 fully comp on a ibiza cupra 170bhp which is grp 16 (cars) ive got a guy coming to hopfully buy it this week which is fantastic imo but then i got a qoute on a 1.9tdi t4 etc an the cheapest ive found is £1k? sdp not commecial just socail domestic and P! please could anyone push me in the right direction where to go for insurence etc? because i think 1k is stupid. thanks :ILU:

·
Registered
530 Posts
heya dudes , im a 20yr guy got like 3yrs driving all clean. Im paying £600 fully comp on a ibiza cupra 170bhp which is grp 16 (cars) ive got a guy coming to hopfully buy it this week which is fantastic imo but then i got a qoute on a 1.9tdi t4 etc an the cheapest ive found is £1k? sdp not commecial just socail domestic and P! please could anyone push me in the right direction where to go for insurence etc? because i think 1k is stupid. thanks :ILU:
Try Brentacre, Adrian Flux, HIC, NFU to name a few. You might not get it much cheaper though, I pay 800 quid for my van and im 21 with 1 years ncb 4 years driving with Brentacre, but they will let me do any aesthetic mod with no extra charge..

If you dont plan on modding the van try direct line they are cheap
Insurance is alot for us young uns, I think alot of it is the fact that a van can do alot more damage to other vehicles than a car :cool:

·
Registered
792 Posts
what ever insurance you find which is the cheapest try and get it thru a cash back website that way you could save more money some cash back sites offer up to 100 quid off if you go thru them ,i got £45 off mine for going thru cashback kings , its worth a go to save some cash ,dont think there is a best insurance company ta use just keep lookin till you find one that suits mate

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies. yer must be the fact that theyr bigger , because i was arguing on the phone to admiral saying that im on a 170bhp car and ur telling me u want like £500 more for a 85bhp van lol ill have a shop around. sooo annoying tho!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Careful with the Cashback sites, although you get cash back it might not always be the cheapest quote. Ive just taken a new policy with HIC for £230 fully comp. Happy Days T:

·
Registered
126 Posts
i've jus got my insurance bout 2 months ago on my T4, i'm 23, 4 years NC, went through post office and got it for £450. my van is N reg tho.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
i've jus got my insurance bout 2 months ago on my T4, i'm 23, 4 years NC, went through post office and got it for £450. my van is N reg tho.
Im only just 26 with 3 yrs ncd, 51 plate 145bhp, with special paint alloys sunroof etc etc went onto compare the market after getting quotes and got it all for 515. was well happy, as told my previious insurer i had wheels on they sadi they cant insure me anymor, so got it nearly 200 cheaper, what a result.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts