VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what stage will older vans start to out value the new vans? and at this date will everyone start to regretting modify their vans with purely cosmetic modernising?
Case in point; the later model rounded bumpers. IMO they actual don't suit the van very well as they are not in keeping with the original sharp edge and folds.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
Exactly what i was thinking Jim, that's why i started the pre 96 classic T4 pics thread. I say if you have an old van you should be proud to be in the Elite minority rather than just following the crowd. And yes the old bumpers are far nicer although the front one would look a bit better if it was slightly deeper.

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts
i think late t4 against early t5 is a good case that regardless of age the t4 is better valueI:
Rasp:LOL:Rasp:LOL:Rasp:LOL:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Case in point; the later model rounded bumpers. IMO they actual don't suit the van very well as they are not in keeping with the original sharp edge and folds.
Reminds me of Mk2 Golfs.
At one time everyone was fitting the 'big' bumper kits and Jetta headlamps. Now it seems it's better to have the narrow bumpers and round headlamps again!
Another: Saphire Cosworths, now it's fashionable again to have the origional style orange front indicators and red, white and orange tail lights, instead of the newer clear fronts and tinted rears everyone went for at one stage. And to get rid of the tinted number plate surround between the tail lights, like the early versions were.

I guess vehicles get to an age where they start to look better again the way the designer intended them to and the way people remember them when they where a current model.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
i honestly don't see an early t4 ever being worth more than a later one on a like for like basis i.e a later carravelle will always be worth more than an early one.

On the bumpers front sometimes when you see a early van with late model bumpers it just doesn't look right but rocketron's van has had later bumpers put on and it looks fantastic, i want to put later model bumpers on mine but it seems a bit hit and miss

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I think the later ones work when they are colour coded. :cool:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
At what stage will older vans start to out value the new vans? and at this date will everyone start to regretting modify their vans with purely cosmetic modernising?
Not if you keep the parts you've modded ;) Sitting in my Garage ready for when i sell it on and move to the dark side I:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts