VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Van,s in th bodyshop , for first panel replacement , and re-spray since new ..1994 .. !! As the quote I have for the work was significantly below that expected , I,m visiting , to monitor progress , on a regular basis , (only 5mins away) and so far , I,m pleasantly surprised ..!! They have plated metal to bits not expected , having sliding door opening metal fabricated , on the bottom , all within the price , only extras so far are three holes in inner wheel arch ,rear about 50p size .. The rear arch panels from T4,sR Us were a perfect fit , all light units , bumpers , have been removed , etc . Just got new rubber on my Chrome powder coated rims , so looking promising ..!! (check album for pics of rims) Will post photos of progress ...

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I,m very happy with rims ... only issue for perfection is the welded join between outer and inner , on steels , where coating doesnt fill the gap .. This is not an issue with alloys .. which are one moulding . They were done at Stockport Powder Coating , and £50 a rim ... !! Could be cheaper elsewhere , I dont know ..

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,101 Posts
Comprehensive bit of work there you are getting done T:

Ref Powercoating of wheels .... Prices vary tremendously, but so does quality of work. With wheels that were too far gone for a face refurb, I used to take my wheels to a place in Edinburgh, and prices started to creep up. Last set the did for me cost £45 a wheel and I was not impressed with the level of repairs before coating. Next set I used another more local company who charged £60 a wheel, but for that they X-Rayed the wheels for cracks (wheels from 1974 so quite old), and recreated the OEM finish (two-tone with black powercoat and polished face), so the extra cost was easily worth it IMO (plus I saved fuel that wold be used for 200 miles of travel :D )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts