VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

For some reason my Van has started shaking/juddering (A lot) at 45-55mph. It needed new tyres anyway so I've replaced both fronts and hoped it would solve the problem but its exactly the same.

It seems worse the less I accellerate. Still does it with the clutch in and still goes it if its out of gear. (until the speed drops back down)

I gave everything a bit of a shake when the wheels were off for new tyres and couldn't find anything obvious so what would you guys check next?

Its a 2.5 T5 if that helps anyone?

Thanks,

Wes

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have now realised it starts when I brake but then continues for a while after. I'm guessing warped disc. No warning lights on and no errors on VAGCOM. I'm guessing with these turn in calipers they don't just get pushed back by awarped disc after braking hence the continued shake for a while after.

I've not driven it today but thinking....I'd brake so van would shudder so I'd brake some more van would shudder. Seemed better when accellerating etc. Seems to tie in.

New discs ordered, Will see the outcome!

Wes

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi wes . Have you tried the new tyres on the back ? . Or swap one then the other with the spare , I've had tyres that vibrate or drone when a stone or pothole damage the ply cords inside the tyre . When you look from the front or back the tyre tread is not flat and you can find the bulge where the damage is . You have got to have the wheels off to get the right eyeliner / angle . Hope it's a easy fix for you. Mac.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi wes . Have you tried the new tyres on the back ? . Or swap one then the other with the spare , I've had tyres that vibrate or drone when a stone or pothole damage the ply cords inside the tyre . When you look from the front or back the tyre tread is not flat and you can find the bulge where the damage is . You have got to have the wheels off to get the right eyeliner / angle . Hope it's a easy fix for you. Mac.
Used to get this on my 07 T5 rear tyre on one side went egg shaped, if you can get it on a ramp and jack it up at eye level then rotate the wheel should be easy to see if this is the case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts