VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these still used?? you know the ones i mean i.e the large billabong/quicksilver type vinyl logos, web addresses etc that go on the sides/windows/back of the vans??

I am asking as im in the process of starting a new business in the vinyl sector, (still market researching) and van vinyls is something i would love to do. I know they are quite popular here in north devon but what about everywhere else.

It could pretty much be anything from something along the lines of large logo, website address even your vans name etc etc.

Im looking for opinions, im not selling anything (Yet - i will join the trade section when i do though) and for anyone who has put vinyls on what it was and a rough cost.

Any opinions greatly appreciated

cheers

richard

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i would love some stripes up and over my van not the shelby cobra stripes but the ones off to one side also a big TRANSPORTER 4 logo to run along the bottom of the van between the wheels

is this the sort of thing you meen :confused:T:T:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah exactly that sort of thing, when you say a big TRANSPORTER 4 logo do you mean as text just like that?? if so that would be very easy and quite cheap to do

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a new venture which is why im doing my research, i have done my setup & production costings and now looking at several target markets. Thought the t4/t5 scene would be good to look at as it is something i have an interest in. After selling my last two businesses just before xmas its time to do something else.

I know you are a sign writer mustardvan and is this something you supply already?? Im not really looking to step on toes here and i havent seen anything in the traders section ( i may have missed it).

·
Registered
915 Posts
I like a bit of vinyl action! Nothing over the top though!

They were a few quid £5-10 for a pair maybe at Holton Classics in dorset a year or two back.....can't remember?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mustardvan you have a PM T:

What a great bunch of guys you are, only been here 5 mins and feels like i have been here for ever lol you are all so welcoming and forthcoming with advice, only problem i see with this forum is all the great advice and how tos is going to cost me a fortune when i get my van because i want to do it all lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey pitkin,
i had vinyls put on the front,rear and both sides of my van to advertise my old business, fairly plain, standard text, block colour and a logo i had already designed, paid about £120 and the results worked well for sure.
Another market you could consider is Boat names, ie, graphics/font going onto the hull of a boat, more of a curved surface , takes some playing round but marine=big business!
best of luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey pitkin,
i had vinyls put on the front,rear and both sides of my van to advertise my old business, fairly plain, standard text, block colour and a logo i had already designed, paid about £120 and the results worked well for sure.
Another market you could consider is Boat names, ie, graphics/font going onto the hull of a boat, more of a curved surface , takes some playing round but marine=big business!
best of luck!
definetly its not cheap running a boat, thanks for the ideas i shall look into, its always good to cover more options.

When i had my last van for my business i kept the sign writing quite plan, the logo was quite delicate but the rest was just silver lettering on a blue van stood out quite well, the only mistake i made was on the back lol, the design was for a solid blue van so the silver letters looked great on paper but when i came to fit them i forgot had fitting silver screens to the rear windows a mistake i wont make again, you could only see the lettering if you stood right next to the rear doors any further than 2 metres away it was just solid silver

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i think you should work on some designs and a web site im deffo thinking of big plans for my t4 concerning a lot of vinal as ive got alot of stone chips and a pearlesant paint job cheaper to get a few stripes and stickers made for it then getting a respray thinking of going for a porshe 911 rs3 design you no the white ones with either blue or red wheels and stripes

same as this but in blue and saying transporter T:

how much would this cost me T:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Popped into Utopia signs Hemel hempstead yesterday & they quoted me £100 to wrap my bonnet with matt black vinyl & a few other small details.

But she said it would be a pain to do & if they mess it up it'd cost them money in the long run. Fair point.

Just an idea I had really

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
why dont you just spray your bonnet only costs a fiver for a can and mat or satin black you cant get it wrong T:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think you should work on some designs and a web site
I am in the process of knocking a few designs together then a website will be put together, trouble with the website you need good photos so i may be in need of some guinea pigs I: in the not so distant future to show off some designs on some good looking T4's so watch local T4 owners i may be sticking vinyls everywhere lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts