VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, new member just purchased my first camper after years of tents!!!! 2010 T5.1 140 SWB, 4 berth. Already smartened up the dash, fitted a double din stereo/sat nav, installed several usb sockets and fitted solar power yesterday!!! Really excited about all the adventures she’ll take us on, any tips and hints more than welcome!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,385 Posts
Welcome along to the forum and transporter ownership. Have a look through the build thread as you will find lots of good ideas in members builds

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome,

Nice Van! It would be good to get some pictures of your progress.
Please go easy on me over the dash!!!! I’ve already left a Facebook forum because of unnecessary ridicule, but I drive in a bland grey van interior every day so fancied a healthy splash of colour!!

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Each to their own!
Nice van and lovely colour. Everybody does their own thing and that's what it's all about. Never read any negative input on here, it's a very welcoming forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Each to their own!
Nice van and lovely colour. Everybody does their own thing and that's what it's all about. Never read any negative input on here, it's a very welcoming forum.
Thank you!!! I must say my first 24 hours on here as a member have been very positive - looking forward to delving deeper for advice and ideas!!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Looks good with a touch of colour, did you paint the trims yourself? Or are they an aftermarket item?

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Welcome aboard Dirk (y) Looks like a cracking camper you've got there, love the colour. Everyone builds / designs their camper to their taste and needs, bringing some colour to the inside is a nice touch, if someone doesn't like it then who cares, it's not their van!
I too joined the FB group and soon found it to be rather unpleasant, even asking a simple question you'd pretty much get laughed out. This forum is so much better, lots of info and very helpful members.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts