VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i bought my van the front & rear bumpers were colour coded

After a tough winter and me having a minor miss happ with a wall my bumpers have seen better days stone chips and a scrape
i am toying with the idea of having them now wrapped.

Is this a good idea???

to have them re sprayed it will cost a fortune but to have them wrapped seams to make sense.

has anyone had there bumpers wrapped i am thinking of a white carbon fibre look with a black carbon fibre bonned

or having the bumpers done in black carbon fibre and the bonnet in white carbon fibre

what do you think????

·
Registered
177 Posts
hi dont know if its a good idea or not but my best mate does vehicle wraps so he would be a good person to talk to his number is 07974 100484 his name is barrie and he runs elite signs in bridgend south wales cheers.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wouldnt do a wrap on bumpers personally, but then then I do do spraying and airbrushing! I can respray your bumpers for £90 each if thats of any use to you?
regards
john

·
Registered
38 Posts
odds of matching a paint colour with a suitable wrapping vinyl is very slim. the vinyl will chip like paint. your best bet for protection is to re-spray then apply the thicker clear stone chip vinyl to the areas that are getting damaged .

·
Registered
23 Posts
odds of matching a paint colour with a suitable wrapping vinyl is very slim. the vinyl will chip like paint. your best bet for protection is to re-spray then apply the thicker clear stone chip vinyl to the areas that are getting damaged .
Bets answer to get a perfect match, but the vinyls do come in a hell of a lot of colours.

Its very durable and cheaper to replace and easier than spraying. T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts