VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a pop top fitted and so thinking these may be surplus to requirements as the rail fits where the roof has been cut out, behind the front seats. Does anyone have any ideas on how these may be changed to go around the window instead?...Or perhaps I should just ebay them and buy an external silver screen!

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Am after one if you want to shift on?

pm me though, mods dont like selling outside classifieds!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have had a pop top fitted and so thinking these may be surplus to requirements as the rail fits where the roof has been cut out, behind the front seats. Does anyone have any ideas on how these may be changed to go around the window instead?...Or perhaps I should just ebay them and buy an external silver screen!
take a look here https://www.facebook.com/RainbowScreens

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi, we made a small shelf & put the curtain rail on the bottom so that we can still close off the cab. Works a treat. T:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a great idea, problem is I am having a bed for the kids up there so don't think it will work.

·
Registered
304 Posts
This is another way you could go,

Made our own cab divider for our Reimo pop top, easy peasy
Got hold of some good quality black material from J.Lewis (which turned out to be totaly blackout), cut to 150cm width x 120cm drop. I had a narrow stainless steel rod (you could use any small telescopic curtain rail), which I cut to 110cm and fed through the hem at the top of the curtain, and this just rests on the roof sides near the pillars behind the front seats. A piece of elastic sewn on each side allows you to hook the sides onto the coat hooks on the pillars.
A quick solution when you don't want to put the silverscreen outside on a wildcamp. Jobs a good un.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts