VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My curtains from van x turned up today, hav'nt fitted them yet but after holding them up for a look in the van they seem to be bout 4 " shorter in height than the windows, I know that there supposed to stretch but it seems alot, has anyone got them and were yours like it?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Yeah, sound about right. You do have to stretch them quite a bit.

It also depends on where you put your tracks. I put mine in the window recess, some people put them above and below the window. I think it looks better inside the window myself.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Inside windows every time fella. Yes they do need stretching but that is how the perfectly pleated look is created.
Worth it tho', keeps it all neat & tidy.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks chaps did'nt want to put them in and over stretch them if they were to short, did you use the rivets that come with them or self tappers and is there anything I should look out for when fitting them? Cheers

·
Registered
378 Posts
I put my tracks in the window recesses and they too were really tight, but after a few months they are hanging like an old flannel:( a bit dissapointed really

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Thanks chaps did'nt want to put them in and over stretch them if they were to short, did you use the rivets that come with them or self tappers and is there anything I should look out for when fitting them? Cheers
I used the self tapping screws that came with the tracks.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I put my tracks in the window recesses and they too were really tight, but after a few months they are hanging like an old flannel:( a bit dissapointed really
Did ya get back to him to find out what his after service is like, might be worth a try. After all a good business rep is built on after service aswell!!
Be interested incase mine end up like that:eek:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Nice post! mine turned up the other day and I thought they were very small too. Any pics of the rail mountings people?

·
Registered
503 Posts
cheer's fella it's gonna be a expensive month for me DOH i should'nt of looked :eek:
I know what you mean, i have already had two deliveries from them this month and have two more orders to place. Could have saved a fortune in pp if i ordered all at once.:*

·
Registered
756 Posts
does anyone know where i can source these poppers that will take a self tapping screw. I have looked in several shops and cant seem to find them. I am going to have a go and try and make some of my own.
thanks stu

1 - 15 of 15 Posts