VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one for anyone that's interested
I bought a complete set of blackout curtains from Van X this week and I've just spent four and a half glorious hours fitting them.
You know that feeling when you buy something for your van that has been designed and manufactured to such a spectacular standard that every moment of the fitting process has you grinning from ear to ear. That's been me all afternoon:):)
Full set of T5 blackouts with cab divider. My van looks and feels like a totally different vehicle now. It's gone from a great van to a seriously great camper. Superb.
I cannot recommend this company and their products highly enough. Great people to deal with, great product, great price. What more could you ask.
Don't even think about buying anything else.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I bought a complete set of blackout curtains from Van X this week and I've just spent four and a half glorious hours fitting them.
You know that feeling when you buy something for your van that has been designed and manufactured to such a spectacular standard that every moment of the fitting process has you grinning from ear to ear. That's been me all afternoon:):)
Full set of T5 blackouts with cab divider. My van looks and feels like a totally different vehicle now. It's gone from a great van to a seriously great camper. Superb.
I cannot recommend this company and their products highly enough. Great people to deal with, great product, great price. What more could you ask.
steady on, we had the same curtains and they are good. but our converter had a few issues and it took an age to get it sorted, a few of our pop studs have already failed and the replacements meant the pop studs on the rear did not line up. apart from that they are ok at a huge price I:I:

·
Registered
926 Posts
did i miss something or are they still just curtains !!!!!!LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Another shout for them. When I start my next project there the curtains I'll be buying again as they are excellent. I did have a few problems with fitting them but I think that was due to my impatience and not giving myself enough time to fit before leaving for work. Still very pleased with the result.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Such a simple product, but they are very very good and worth the money.

I felt the same when I fitted mine a couple of months ago, really make a difference to the van IMHO.

Few people comment they are too tight, but mine have really slacked off now and are just right T:

No problem with any of the fitting, did the whole van neatly in a couple of hours and the supplied fittings all seem fine. A:

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Generally a decent product, but let down ( like Ikea) by screws made from finest crapite , I binned those supplied and use some harder ones. I also found that only after they had been used a few times, the material gained some " memory" and press studs would stay together properly.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Generally a decent product, but let down ( like Ikea) by screws made from finest crapite , I binned those supplied and use some harder ones. I also found that only after they had been used a few times, the material gained some " memory" and press studs would stay together properly.
phew I: ....thought it was just me. Exactly right, no corners should be cut at all when you pay in region of £200 for some small curtains for a campervan. By comparison we just bough a whole made to measure vertical blind for our living room in the choice of colour we wanted from about x30 colours (not x4), at a size of 6ft x 3.5ft total cost £35 including delivery :eek: I know it is not like for like but it would be interesting to know the comparison in raw material cost. The only problem is there is nobody else making the same product to compete for price......yet. I:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just fitted a set of black van-x's in my van and am pleased with the result but won't be giving them a proper try till we go to Bewdley with them there cakeface boys for a bit of a blast round the woods. A:

·
Registered
233 Posts

Wow, Clockdoggie :D:D It's great to see somebody as enthusiastic about Van-X curtains as we are! I'm sure the curtains look great in your van. Very pleased that you're happy with the curtains and the fitting.

:mw

Such a simple product, but they are very very good and worth the money.

I felt the same when I fitted mine a couple of months ago, really make a difference to the van IMHO.

Few people comment they are too tight, but mine have really slacked off now and are just right T:

No problem with any of the fitting, did the whole van neatly in a couple of hours and the supplied fittings all seem fine. A:
Hello Hot Badger,

Glad to hear the curtains have slacked off and fit fine now T:

And if your dog shreds one of the curtains, they will sell you that one curtain, which was a relief! I: T:

Hello,

You certainly gave us a chuckle when we heard the story :D

As we manufacture the material, rails and components ourselves, we're in a unique position of being able to supply any part of the curtain system. No need to buy a full curtain kit, you can just buy the parts the need replacing. Another great reason to shop with Van-X T:

Have a great evening folks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just bought a complete set for my T5 - 4 windows, cab divider and back tail gate. Could I make some constructive critisms to you Van-x ?
Do not get me wrong, I paid a lot of money for these and are extremly happy with the product.
But just like BIG-CAT I think the screws supplied do not look right, But they maybe for fitting to metal, I do not know. I opted for the
rivet option using a couple of tiny nuts as spacers to prevent the rivet gun damaging the rail.
Also I can not work out how to attach the 'tie backs' they have an extra popper but not one in the bag to attach to the window liner ?
AND on the tail gate does the bottom rail affix at 90 degrees wrongly ?
The instructions also state that the fixing grove should be attached facing the window - your pictures on the web site are opposite to that !
I am NOT moaning as it is a great product and I am happy with it (even though ~I bought the Burgendy/Black option) But these little things
have confused me.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Just bought a complete set for my T5 - 4 windows, cab divider and back tail gate. Could I make some constructive critisms to you Van-x ?
Do not get me wrong, I paid a lot of money for these and are extremly happy with the product.
But just like BIG-CAT I think the screws supplied do not look right, But they maybe for fitting to metal, I do not know. I opted for the
rivet option using a couple of tiny nuts as spacers to prevent the rivet gun damaging the rail.
Also I can not work out how to attach the 'tie backs' they have an extra popper but not one in the bag to attach to the window liner ?
AND on the tail gate does the bottom rail affix at 90 degrees wrongly ?
The instructions also state that the fixing grove should be attached facing the window - your pictures on the web site are opposite to that !
I am NOT moaning as it is a great product and I am happy with it (even though ~I bought the Burgendy/Black option) But these little things
have confused me.
On the tie backs, check to see if the press stud is not already in the tie back. Mine where, all you have to do is undo it and fix to side of van.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Very pleased with mine, had 5 sets which was quite an outlay cashwise. They didnt come with buttons
to fit to window frames assumed that was how they were until recently found out they should have
so check you have them supplied. Should have checked at time with van x :bhd

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
They are ok,some of the pop studs fell to bits on mine ,also the little black plastic things on the curtain which slide into the rail are flimsy and will go britle and snap as some of mine have,also I replaced all them screws that snap as you tighten them up with stainless steel boat screws.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts