VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
You took the words right out of my keyboard !!! looking at getting some myself, and wanted to know are all the functions half decent i.e brake lights, indicators, fog light ?
cheers in advance GazzaT:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have them fitted on my 2010 5.1 model.
I have read some other models have had problems....try and look at past posts...im sure its been raised on here before.
Ive had no problems what so ever....they look really good too.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Got them on mine but I had to fit a resistor to them as the reverse lights came on dimly when using the wipers. But all sorted and they do look cool. T:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Fitted them to my t5 2013 reg about 18 months ago.they come with pre and post facelift plugs.plug them in and check everything ok.
no problems then or since.the only pic in my album of them fitted.
A:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sound's all good and good to go then. Someone on fleebay is selling a single side on ebay due to the other becoming faulty, but I did contact him and he - she has replaced them with VAN-X ones so maybe the old ones he had were Dectane or JOM. Said maybe it had been water that had got in. So maybe a bit more sealant in places would help. :) :*

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
£177 shipped from Dectane - Germany or £190 posted from VAN-X. Wonder if they do forum discounts? :)
For the sake of £13, I would rather have somebody in England to remonstrate with if I were unfortunate enough to have problems :cool:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes M T I understand what your saying. Just wondered what the difference was as they look the same? If there was any difference in quality? Thought's that what people looked for before purchasing instead of paying twice. 1 of the points of posting on here for people views and feedback - Wisdom. :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have had a reply of Dectane today and there lights come with a 2 year warranty. Van-X 3 months. :* What to do? :confused:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Think they are made in China as I have seen them on Alibaba for £220 for a single pair unless you buy in bulk and it comes down a fair bit.

Dectane with 24 month? Gemany
Van-X with 3 month? UK

What you reckon?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Call me old fashioned but they look a bit too glitzy, I personally think the Caravelle lights look far better, got ours from Just Kampers for £112, sold the old ones for £50 so a fair priced modification in my eyes.....particulary the way they jut out a bit and do not just follow the line of the van

1 - 20 of 26 Posts