VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Van-x window leaking through holes

Hi! Does anyone know how to stop water coming in from holes? Why are they on the window? And can I just simply block them up with tiger seal or something similar??

Cheers guys!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Van-x window leaking through holes

Hi! Does anyone know how to stop water coming in from holes? Why are they on the window? And can I just simply block them up with tiger seal or something similar??

Cheers guys!
Not good that ....not familiar with the van-x windows ........had a look on their site and assume the holes are for drainage/condensation ,As they are on bottom of window :confused:

Someone will be long shortly with an answer for ya who has these fitted T:

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's leaking around the slider frame inside. Through the bead of sealant around that frame.

I will try to post up some pics! T:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry dude! I've been away on holiday.

I've got mixed up here i think! I throught this topic was mine as i too posted anout my van-x windows leaking!

Are you sure it's through the drain holes on the outside??? If so then it's meant to do that. It's draining the water that accumulates in the slider when it's got wet.

Where as mine are leaking inside through the bead of sealant around the slider frame. :(

Wayne.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've had this mate water soaks my van when it rains or gets washed I'm flipping raging they weren't the cheapest windows anyway I've been on to van-x and picked up 2 plain windows today only thing is they want the sliders back and I'm out of pocket in regards to tinting them and getting them fitted and the price difference between the sliders and the plain glass don't know if I should return the sliders or sell cheap :*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts