VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant believe it that Van-X do not deliver to the Scottish Highlands :confused:, Just kampers and many others do and can within 24hrs by post or 2 days by carrier. Whats their problem?:*

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Same problem here. I ordered 4 sets of curtains and they wouldn't deliver to Ireland no matter what I said :confused:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
To be honest I even offered to pay whatever price they wanted but they adamantly stated that they will not ship outside the UK. In all fairness, it's 2011 and they work from the internet. It’s Ireland - not FIJI!!! :confused::(

·
Registered
585 Posts
Pehaps ask someone on the forum to ship it to them and then forward to you? just an idea, if it was me i'd go somewhere else with your business, their loss bud I:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I know man, but if I could find some other company who done the Van-x type curtains I'd buy of them in a second.
Getting them delivered to a forum member and then send them to me is an option. But to be honest, I'm not even bothered wanting to deal with them with that attitude. :*

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
PM me if you need an Address for delivery up here, im down in osuth at least once a week and have courier accounts so no hassle to forward

You be suprised its the same sometimes for Northern Ireland as well

I bought off Raza from Van x in past never had any bother, a lot also has to do with the courier company they use most love to stick the arm in when it goes north or over the water

:ILU:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Oh great - yet another company with nonsense ideas. It's not like where you are at Inverness is in the middle of nowhere. Could understand if you were in Knoidart or somewhere like that. lol.

Guess I'll either need to get our curtains from elsewhere or get them sent to family in the central belt, but that means we probably can't fit them before going away next. Or I suppose I could get them sent to family in the central belt and then pay a courier to bring them up here - We're in Aberdeenshire.
I know last year I got citylink to bring a 10kg parcel from London to here for about £7 using parcelmonkey.

Out of interest, did you ask them if you could arrange your own courier? Just a thought, though I can imagine they probably aren't interested in that either. Obviously don't really need/care about extra business.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have no doubt that the products that Van-X do are top notch, thats why I wanted to order from them. I might take you up on that Turlough T:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Can you tell me if there's any auto-translation type thing I can do on that website as I don't speak German?
Also, can you give us a rough indication of prices (if you can remember)?
Finally, how do you think their products compare to Van-X (as they seem to be the one people say are the best)? Do you have any photos of them installed?
Thanks for any info you can give.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If you go to google, beside the search box there is a link saying "Language Tools". Click that and copy and paste the website link into it. It'll give you a good translation T:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks brian for the translation info.

and thanks john for the translated instructions.
How many curtains did you get? We are looking for 2 sets of sliding door curtains, 1 set of curtains at rear side window, 1 set of tailgate curtains.
Not sure if we want a cab curtain (one that divides cab and rest of van) as don't know if it would make it feel too shut in. At present we use an external screen for the cab area.

Did have a look on Ebay (searched Baimex and more recently Autogardine) but couldn't find anything, so maybe they don't have any listed right now.

How dark do they make the van? I understand from what you say that they aren't blackout, but do you feel that they darken the van enough (just thinking as to whether it would waken us or more importantly our 5 year old) too early on a bright morning.
We don't have blackout on any windows in the house, but if ever dd sleeps in our room she complains that it's too bright too early in the morning and it wakens her.

Thanks again for all the info.

Sorry Hammy01 for jumping into this thread and asking all the questions - Hope you don't mind, just we'll have the same problem as you if we try to order Van-X curtains.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
...How many curtains did you get? We are looking for 2 sets of sliding door curtains, 1 set of curtains at rear side window, 1 set of tailgate curtains.
Not sure if we want a cab curtain (one that divides cab and rest of van) as don't know if it would make it feel too shut in. At present we use an external screen for the cab area...
I bought the whole set 2x sliders, both rear windows, tailgate and i also got the front ones (They all come as a set) I sold the front curtain to someone on the forum as we also use an external one for the front so it was surplus.

It is not too dark, but it has never worried us, and we have limo tint as well, so that helps:) our little-un doesnt need an excuse to wake up - she just does!

jar

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
i got the baimex ones and to be fair they aint bad for the money . not blackout , but if you want blackout get some thermal internal screens . they took 5 days to get to me from date of order threw ebay . worked out way cheeper than vanx T:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Mate
Van-X does deliver all over Europe . only the problem the cost ££££££
they deliver up 3 set curtains for £12 uk mainland.
Scottish islands , Ireland higher price due to class as intentional post
i hope this give a bit better view of the problem

thanks reza A:A:A:A:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts