VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about to buy a driveaway awning, so we've had a good look round one at towsure and it seems great.
Has anyone got one?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just bought one from Towsure today as everyone who has them seems to love them.

I'm just a bit worried about fitting on the pitches at some sites.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just bought one from Towsure today as everyone who has them seems to love them.

I'm just a bit worried about fitting on the pitches at some sites.
That's a good point mate.....the Sepera especially, when connected to the van, looks like it takes up a good old area! Anyone have this problem??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just my Kela this weekend gone. It was the wettest and wildest weekend, just like the weather, and the Kela was a dream. Highly recommend

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have the sapera and was told by the CCC to turn it round as it was too close to the unit next door.

Had to drive the van (a LWB velle) without driving on the grass (ha ha ha) so it went across the pitch then turn the awning round so it went the length of the pitch and stuck over the back.

If I'd have known the CCC were so @[email protected] about things and had also realised I would get a lecture as I arrived and I quote "we have exacting standards, had we known it was one of those, you wouldn't have been able to book" they also wanted to see that we actually had curtains before they'd let us set up. They also waited for us to set up the awning after coming round and checking 3 times that we had put our curtains up. before telling us to move it.

£31 for 8 hours pitch as well :(

This was the closest available site to Volksword the other weekend, lesson learned, keep away from the CCC sites if you have the sapera airbeam

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's why I keep away from CCC and Caravan Club sites. The guys running them seem to be mini Hitlers.

The one and only time we stayed at a Caravan Club site I was walking our dog towards the main gate to take him for a walk. The Warden came out and told me that you can't excercised dogs on the site. 'No problem', says I, 'I'm taking him out of the site for a walk'. Then the warden told me that you can't excercise dogs at all on the site and that I would have to carry him to the gate.

Never again.

Oh, and the Sapera is great. Buy one!

Cheers

Roy

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm considering one of these, really just want it to try and sit 4 people in if its chucking it down.... Will the kela fit 4 people on chairs and a small table?

I haven't seen many pictures "inside" but it seems the awning part is quite small then a huge gap to the van?

Any advice welcome, I really don't want Sepera as its too big, but Kela seems too small?! Argh?!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
That's why I keep away from CCC and Caravan Club sites. The guys running them seem to be mini Hitlers.

The one and only time we stayed at a Caravan Club site I was walking our dog towards the main gate to take him for a walk. The Warden came out and told me that you can't excercised dogs on the site. 'No problem', says I, 'I'm taking him out of the site for a walk'. Then the warden told me that you can't excercise dogs at all on the site and that I would have to carry him to the gate
:D that does seem a bit Nazi Gestapo.You should have got his name and threatened to report him to the committee. He would have probably pooed his pants

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have the Kela and there is 3 adults and 1 child when we go camping. There is plenty of room in there for what you need and if you don't use the bedroom you have twice the room.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Another thumbs up for the Kela....plenty of space for a small table and 4 chairs in the groundsheet part.

Not liking what im hearing about CCC. We have been members for a few years an have to say the last site we went to was really quite awful, it was like white plastic jungle!!...not sure i want to rejoin this year! oh and i also hear they are banning bbq's now grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 - 20 of 33 Posts