VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can’t find enough info s the drawings for each are from different angles. Is the vango galli 2 the same size as the updated version 3?

im presuming it’s just the material upgraded but it’s the floor space I need but the 2 is much cheaper.

any help great fully recieved.

if anyone’s got one be great to hear how you find it with family of 4, Two adults & two kids are very small But want it too grow with the family.

thanks

scott

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can’t find enough info s the drawings for each are from different angles. Is the vango galli 2 the same size as the updated version 3?

im presuming it’s just the material upgraded but it’s the floor space I need but the 2 is much cheaper.

any help great fully recieved.

if anyone’s got one be great to hear how you find it with family of 4, Two adults & two kids are very small But want it too grow with the family.

thanks

scott
The Gallo 2 and 3 are the same size and the compact is smaller think your right about the new material. We have the vango rhone which is the same size as galli 3 but made of polly cotton great bit of kit takes about 15 to 20 mins for me and the wife to put up.plenty of space for family of 4 alt the best. Rod

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Gallo 2 and 3 are the same size and the compact is smaller think your right about the new material. We have the vango rhone which is the same size as galli 3 but made of polly cotton great bit of kit takes about 15 to 20 mins for me and the wife to put up.plenty of space for family of 4 alt the best. Rod
Hi rod, thank you for the info and photos. That’s interesting to know, I knew the material on the Rhône was different but I didn’t know it was the same size as the galli. Thank you that’s a great help. All the best scott

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
we had the original Galli, we are a family of four plus we take a third adult with us, who used to sleep in the inner tent in the Galli.

Two kids in the pop top, me and the missus in the bed. I sold it last year as it was so big and heavy when down, and bought a Kyham Motorhome sleeper, I got a good deal at the show last year.

Its bigger than the Galli, as the sleeping compartment is out the back, it has more doors and windows, and goes up quicker.

Putting it down and back in the bag, like most awnings is a finely honed skill,

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we had the original Galli, we are a family of four plus we take a third adult with us, who used to sleep in the inner tent in the Galli.

Two kids in the pop top, me and the missus in the bed. I sold it last year as it was so big and heavy when down, and bought a Kyham Motorhome sleeper, I got a good deal at the show last year.

Its bigger than the Galli, as the sleeping compartment is out the back, it has more doors and windows, and goes up quicker.

Putting it down and back in the bag, like most awnings is a finely honed skill,
What was the name of the kyham you bought and does it work ok with the transporte?

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I bought the Motorhome Sleeper, to be honest, I was going to buy this originally, but they didn't have a sewn in groundsheet then, it clipped in.

One of the features I like is the footprint is all one piece, so its easy to line up at the side of the van, the Galli one was slightly rectangular and every time I had it round the wrong way, I should of marked it, which I said I would, but forgot by the time I came to take it down.

Here is a link to the Kyham

1 - 7 of 7 Posts