VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Its been a while since Ive been on here but picking up a T5.1 tomorrow which I'm going to convert into a wkender and daily ride.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of VanMax poptops? they are doing a slimline roof with similar looks to the lowlife stealth and HiLo but at nearly half the price.

Anyone have one fitted or any dealings with them....thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi. Sorry to revive an old thread.
Has anyone had one fitted? What roof did you guys go for in the end Corgi/Twiggs??
Really like the look of the Vanmax but dont really want to splash out on a roof without some good reviews and feedback.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
There isn't much detail on the website, no view of the strengthening frames or of the inside.

As with any poptop you need to see it in the flesh, put it up and down on your own, drive it with the roof down to check for rattles. Make sure there is something to stop youngsters falling out if they sleep up there.

Ideally you want to see one halfway fitted so you can see what goes into the fitting.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cheers Andy, some good things to check on.
As this will be our first pop top any info is welcomed.
Hoping someone has had one fitted and can give some feedback on what they are like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Bob my T5 is having the vanmax roof fitted and is booked in for the end of this month. I’ll let you know how I get on once it’s done 😬

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just received my van back this week and I’m very pleased to say the least! Iain & Ben have done a fantastic job @vanmax roofs. I’m still to carpet and convert the inside... can’t wait! 😎👍🏻

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes Hilo’s are cool but for the extra head room (not needed for me) and the extra £2000 plus wasn’t worth it. Nothing against Hilo. This roof does indeed have an extra part at the front of the roof to stop all them unwanted wind noises at speed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks great. Dont think we will be getting one this year now. Be good to hear how it holds up over winter and after a being used a few times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts