VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Conspiracy theorists saying it's man made
Strange how these viruses start in China (sars bird flu ) kill a load of then maybe miraculously come up with a vaccine that makes them a load of money
"It's only the thought that matters"

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just been to aldi no toilet roll or pasta as expected but no tinned tuna, beans or veg and no milk what the he'll there going to do with fresh milk I have no idea
A friend who runs a nursery went to alldi and bought a load of salt (she uses it to make playdo for the kids) the couple behind her saw this and went back to get a load of salt and the one behind them did the same the mind boggles
"Its only the sane that matter"

·
Registered
771 Posts
Got sent home fi work thursday night for 14 days self monitoring as mother inlaw come back fi a hen doo in benidorm and staying with us for a few days lol.wtf!!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Are people buying bulk amounts of pasta or is it a supply issue ? It is made in Italy???
As the salt situation proved one person bulk buys and the rest go mad
Someone probably bulk bought toilet rolls for a nursing home and social media does the rest
Must admit I bought some lasagne sheets as they had no rolls but it doesn't have hurt your rs when wiping with them
"Its only the humour that matters "

·
Super Moderator
5,356 Posts
D'ya think ?
Don’t get me wrong it is more then the winter sniffle but just fed up with it all. Stats are still showing that the common cold and flu have killed more people this year then covid. I’m going about my day as any other day. It has all been massively bigged up by the media to fill news columns etc and has caused all this panic buying and huge economic impact. Watched something on the tv the other day and some women phoned in saying she had caught covid, had not been to any high risk countries, had not been in contact with any ill persons yet claims she started suffering on the Saturday and now it was Tuesday and she was almost over it. Hmm really, sound just like a cold to me and you could see the tv presenters were like wtf. The media is playing on people like this and their anxiety. Well when the UK gets put in lock down and your all comfortable at home some of us won’t have that pleasure and will be expected to go to work as normal.

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don’t get me wrong it is more then the winter sniffle but just fed up with it all. Stats are still showing that the common cold and flu have killed more people this year then covid. I’m going about my day as any other day. It has all been massively bigged up by the media to fill news columns etc and has caused all this panic buying and huge economic impact. Watched something on the tv the other day and some women phoned in saying she had caught covid, had not been to any high risk countries, had not been in contact with any ill persons yet claims she started suffering on the Saturday and now it was Tuesday and she was almost over it. Hmm really, sound just like a cold to me and you could see the tv presenters were like wtf. The media is playing on people like this and their anxiety. Well when the UK gets put in lock down and your all comfortable at home some of us won’t have that pleasure and will be expected to go to work as normal.
You need to get your information from elsewhere buddy. ?

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got sent home fi work thursday night for 14 days self monitoring as mother inlaw come back fi a hen doo in benidorm and staying with us for a few days lol.wtf!!!
Seems a sensible precaution to me, and what’s two weeks anyway in the scheme of things ?

·
Super Moderator
5,356 Posts
You need to get your information from elsewhere buddy. ?
Are you saying then that there isn’t panic buying in the uk? Cereal, soaps, toilet rolls, pasta, beans, pain relief tablets? And that the women phoning in on the tv the other day wasn’t a perfect example of panic and anxiety. On the news yesterday it stated there had been 38000 people in the uk tested, the actual percentage of people who had tested positive was so small.
As I say if the uk goes into lock down some of us won’t get that option and we still have to attend work

I am not saying it’s all made up but that the media has caused a lot of panic and anxiety.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts