VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
The reason why the testing figure is so high compared to the positive results figure is because you can't distinguish the symptoms of a regular cold / flu from the actual Coronavirus. So, if you have the symptoms (dry cough, fever etc.) then of course you're gonna want to get tested to be safe ... before you risk infecting friends, family and colleagues.
If you're a healthy individual you probably have little to worry about, but for those with underlying conditions etc. it can be incredibly worrying.
My grandma is in her 90's. She's not fit enough to fight off a severe infection. She'd most likely succumb to it if she got ill.
My girlfriend's father is currently going through cancer treatment. An infection in his lungs would be pretty much curtains for him in his present state.
A colleague at work is recovering from a double heart-operation following a severe heart attack. He's not well enough yet to fight off something like this either. It'd most likely kill him.
A close friend suffers from acute asthma. It could quite easily kill him.

Those are just 4 people I can think of immediately who would have a justifiable reason to be afraid and all we can do at the moment is treat the symptoms. We don't have a cure.

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The reason why the testing figure is so high compared to the positive results figure is because you can't distinguish the symptoms of a regular cold / flu from the actual Coronavirus. So, if you have the symptoms (dry cough, fever etc.) then of course you're gonna want to get tested to be safe ... before you risk infecting friends, family and colleagues.
If you're a healthy individual you probably have little to worry about, but for those with underlying conditions etc. it can be incredibly worrying.
My grandma is in her 90's. She's not fit enough to fight off a severe infection. She'd most likely succumb to it if she got ill.
My girlfriend's father is currently going through cancer treatment. An infection in his lungs would be pretty much curtains for him in his present state.
A colleague at work is recovering from a double heart-operation following a severe heart attack. He's not well enough yet to fight off something like this either. It'd most likely kill him.
A close friend suffers from acute asthma. It could quite easily kill him.

Those are just 4 people I can think of immediately who would have a justifiable reason to be afraid and all we can do at the moment is treat the symptoms. We don't have a cure.
All valid points of course. The major problem this country faces is the massive underfunding of the nhs for years, Germany has the lowest mortality rate from this virus at about 0.5% due to a fabulous health service and consequently has 30 ICU beds per 100,000 people, the UK has 6 !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well whilst yes definitely the Coronavirus health crisis and economic fallout will devastate nearly all of the population is very true, my van will me even more to me. I’m currently in between contracts and hopefully securing a new work contract next week ?
My van very well may become my home in a couple of months if not. I have enough savings to get me through two months. Then after that it’s going to be a very bumpy ride. I live in Australia and my government have shown once again an extreme lack of leadership again this year already. Once when half the country was on fire and now facing global crisis we are left in the dark and only get useless and very vague mottos from our “leaders”.
So my van will be very meaningful, as someone who is over six feet tall I’m quite grateful I own a T4 as opposed to a small hatchback vehicle, much more leg room to sleep in the van. ?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
This is just a little bit of a flu, whats the panic? The management has told me to man up and get on with it, she's taking away the Oxygen and switching off the ventilator as I write....

Sick humour aside, this is a very serious situation which will be exacerbated by over reaction on our part and failure to recognise what was coming and act early by various governments.

In this country (UK) a succession of governments of various hues have consistently pushed public protection and contingency planning to the bottom of the pile. We are reaping the consequences of those decisions now.

Rhys

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well whilst yes definitely the Coronavirus health crisis and economic fallout will devastate nearly all of the population is very true, my van will me even more to me. I’m currently in between contracts and hopefully securing a new work contract next week ?
My van very well may become my home in a couple of months if not. I have enough savings to get me through two months. Then after that it’s going to be a very bumpy ride. I live in Australia and my government have shown once again an extreme lack of leadership again this year already. Once when half the country was on fire and now facing global crisis we are left in the dark and only get useless and very vague mottos from our “leaders”.
So my van will be very meaningful, as someone who is over six feet tall I’m quite grateful I own a T4 as opposed to a small hatchback vehicle, much more leg room to sleep in the van. ?
Good luck buddy. ✌

·
Super Moderator
5,362 Posts
For a community that finds a few profanities difficult deal with its gonna be tough 🤣
Have your dig at the forum, however can I bring your attention back to the forum rules you purposely went out of your way to breach which resulted in you receiving a short ban.
I’m not really sure why you are on here as you appear to be just here to cause negativity and stir trouble as of late. By all means continue but you will find that that short ban will turn into a permanent ban. All mods are aware and monitoring.

Here is a little reminder for you
You may not:
  • Swear or post ‘adult’ material – This Forum is read by all ages.
  • Post sexually explicit material or any links whatsoever to same.
  • Post images which could disturb or cause offence by way of an extreme nature (ie graphic wounds or injuries).
  • Do not post insults aimed at individuals or organisations.
  • Make derogatory comments against others, including slurs based on race, religion, gender, sexual preference, or political affiliation. No personal threats or harassment.
  • Name and Shame or make negative posts concerning companies, organisations or individuals.
  • Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, indecent, infringe copyright or other rights of third parties or which contain any other form of illegal content.
  • Disguise the origin of any Messages.
  • Impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent any affiliation with any person or entity.
  • Post or transmit any Messages that contain software viruses, files or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of VWT4 Forum or any computer software or equipment.
  • Collect or store other users' personal data.
  • Restrict or inhibit any other user from using the Forums.
  • Post deliberately provocative posts whose only purpose is to bait others with malicious intent.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So hopefully we won’t here about Pendle causing damage to a certain someone’s van from now on ? Same person who has also caused Distress to people ? Because I don’t post due to that individual !!

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Have your dig at the forum, however can I bring your attention back to the forum rules you purposely went out of your way to breach which resulted in you receiving a short ban.
I’m not really sure why you are on here as you appear to be just here to cause negativity and stir trouble as of late. By all means continue but you will find that that short ban will turn into a permanent ban. All mods are aware and monitoring.

Here is a little reminder for you
You may not:
  • Swear or post ‘adult’ material – This Forum is read by all ages.
  • Post sexually explicit material or any links whatsoever to same.
  • Post images which could disturb or cause offence by way of an extreme nature (ie graphic wounds or injuries).
  • Do not post insults aimed at individuals or organisations.
  • Make derogatory comments against others, including slurs based on race, religion, gender, sexual preference, or political affiliation. No personal threats or harassment.
  • Name and Shame or make negative posts concerning companies, organisations or individuals.
  • Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, indecent, infringe copyright or other rights of third parties or which contain any other form of illegal content.
  • Disguise the origin of any Messages.
  • Impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent any affiliation with any person or entity.
  • Post or transmit any Messages that contain software viruses, files or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of VWT4 Forum or any computer software or equipment.
  • Collect or store other users' personal data.
  • Restrict or inhibit any other user from using the Forums.
  • Post deliberately provocative posts whose only purpose is to bait others with malicious intent.
Perhaps you should try to show the modicum of impartiality your moderator status calls for.
Furthermore, I have been on here some considerable time, long before you bought your first ropey T4 and for reasons other than selling my wares.

You really should try a little harder to accommodate all input, as this forum now suffers from a large helping of banality, which isn’t improved by childish threats from you, as if that matters one jot.

Sadly though, it seems that because you can’t compete on an intellectual level you have to resort to snide threats which only highlight your immaturity and unsuitability for the position of moderator.

Nice list though... 🤓

·
Super Moderator
5,362 Posts
Thanks for your response, as I say your behaviour is being monitored by all mods. We are not here to make snide threats, we are here to make sure the rules are abided to and the forum runs as smoothly as possible.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks for your response, as I say your behaviour is being monitored by all mods. We are not here to make snide threats, we are here to make sure the rules are abided to and the forum runs as smoothly as possible.
Come on man lighten up. Lachlan13 has been on here for donkies. Regulars know most of his posts are tongue in cheek. In fact if it were not for people like him & a certain Yorkshireman in Norway I wouldn't get any notifications to bring me here. I do not fully agree with his point of view but defend his right to have one.
You should of seen this forum in it's early years it would of given you a nervous breakdown. It did the rest of us. 🤣

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Come on man lighten up. Lachlan13 has been on here for donkies. Regulars know most of his posts are tongue in cheek. In fact if it were not for people like him & a certain Yorkshireman in Norway I wouldn't get any notifications to bring me here. I do not fully agree with his point of view but defend his right to have one.
You should of seen this forum in it's early years it would of given you a nervous breakdown. It did the rest of us. 🤣
Exactly. It was a lively old place then. One of the best forums around, used to be an absolute hoot.
Sadly gradually killed in the pursuit of mediocrity.
It’s no biggy though. The massive amount of excrement that is life at the moment will affect us all. Especially the whiny ones. . I might have to use symbols and words from now on like
🛎 End.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts