VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after my smoke and lumpy idle issue after cambelt change, rhe vans gone bang yesterday. Im annoyed as I csnt take it back to the garage now as the guys had an accident.. so that leaves me in a right mess now.. anyone know of a decent garage in lancashire that does tdi conversions??

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers dude, I'm gutted, my vans only got 100k on it too:( MV engineering have told me £3k for a tdi conversion so i need another option really.. Probably gonna have to stick in another td

·
Registered
130 Posts
after my smoke and lumpy idle issue after cambelt change, rhe vans gone bang yesterday. Im annoyed as I csnt take it back to the garage now as the guys had an accident...
This guy had an "accident" shortly after he fcuked up your engine ??? Pure coincidence I hope...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Check out some prices you can easily spend £2000 plus rebuilding a abl lump. You only want to take it out once so no point in not doing it properly!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Check out some prices you can easily spend £2000 plus rebuilding a abl lump. You only want to take it out once so no point in not doing it properly!

If you find a low milage one their is no need to rebuild it. And once its converted, Its easy to get it out should it need any more indepth work later on. If i had the space id offer to do a conversion on someone elses van , its easy peasy...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This guy had an "accident" shortly after he fcuked up your engine ??? Pure coincidence I hope...
Yep, fell over drunk!.. I've not even spoke to him about it since it went bang, the garage is shut. I cant see anything coming of it if i did tbh, never going to accept liability. He's not replaced the tensioner bolt on crank pulley and this has failed. Great.. Im tdi-ing now. cant find an alb so on the look out for a low mileage golf mk3 T:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There should be a sticky on warning people about this crank pulley problem. Apparently its really common, wish id of known that before :(

·
Registered
823 Posts
I've just swapped a perfectly good ABL with 93k for a 180k TDI and I don't regret a thing...very happy, a much much better engine.
The conversion was quite arduous though but there's lots of help out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts