VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afty all, ordered some Vanshades pods for my factory sliders and barn doors - couple of questions if anyone has fitted them. The barn door pods won’t fit, period. Got aftermarket rear windows, looks like the window trim fitted to the edges of the cut out panels stops the pod from sitting snugly in the recess. Was going to take a Stanley to the trim so they fit, then carpet up over the edge, but a bit worried in case I compromise the windows themselves and they leak.. Factory slider pod sticks out a bit, although was told this was the case when I ordered - anyone else fitted them to factory sliders, and did you remove the top half of the plastic window trim above the sliders so the pod fitted in a bit better? Attached a few photos for info

Cheers peeps

Russ

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, spoke to Vanshades today and gave them an update, that the barn door pods won’t fit with the window trim I’ve got - Have to say, guys at Vanshades were genuinely interested in this, as I’m the second customer with this problem, and I believe they are going to update their website to make customers aware of this. Spot on customer service if they act on feedback this quickly. And they advised removing the top part of the window trim so the pods fit snugly on the side factory window.

Not happy sorting the trim problem myself, so booked it in with AAW in Poole after seeing the quality of his work, and he trims the windows completely differently to how mine are, so much tidier! Price to remove windows, trim and re-bond around £120.

when I finally get around to fitting the pods, will post up here.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got my slider window pod fitted at the weekend, easy to install, just 5 tek-bolts. First camping trip in the van on Monday night, was dubious about the reduced condensation claim, but in the morning steamed up windows with curtains, clear as a whistle on the window pod side..

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
We slept sunday and monday out , woke up monday morning to no condensation at all ....tuesday morning we had some condensation back again ( with curtains)
Be interested to see how these fair over a few trips Russ .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts