VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fitted a new alternator (120amp as specified for caravelle) and my belt started squealing - it was only a year old.
I got sent a 6PK-2210 belt, but in going to fit it I realised that the belts were stamped and I could check what I had first.

I had a 6PK-2213 gates on there - so 3mm longer ?

There seem to be a huge variety of belts for late T4 2.5Tdi
I know it varies by stuff like aircon (much longer) but I now I have found there are tiny variations, allegedly by alternator spec ? i.e. 2210, 2213, 2215, 2220

I don't know what alternator came off ... and I'm now wondering what belt to put on there ...

Is there an online lookup for engine numbers as even an hour with google gives me conflicting information and all the sellers just list a variety to choose from.

cheers

·
Registered
291 Posts
The problem arises from the various manufacturers VW used to produce the bolt on goodies.
I would have thought 3mm difference would of been taken up by the tensioner when it was originally fitted. Your problem arises when the belt stretched over time.
If I understand you correctly your new one is 3mm shorter than the old belt so I'd go with that mate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts