VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone brought and fitted these? They are the £89.99 from veedub transporters. Just laying them on the roof and 1 side is about 2 inches out/high when the middle and other end are flat on the roof. I think pulling 1 side down that far will be putting a lot of strain on the roof rails.. Anyone else had this issue or do that just seem whack?

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,085 Posts
Has anyone brought and fitted these? They are the £89.99 from veedub transporters. Just laying them on the roof and 1 side is about 2 inches out/high when the middle and other end are flat on the roof. I think pulling 1 side down that far will be putting a lot of strain on the roof rails.. Anyone else had this issue or do that just seem whack?
I've posted about these a couple of times actually.
I have these rails fitted to my T4 (I presume that is what you are talking about?) and they do have a bit of "spring" to them, but they come down fine and look decent.
One problem with these IMO is it is impossible to position them to sit fully on or off the ribs as supplied, and if you have the centre support on a rib, it makes that spring a bit more pronounced as well.
I shortened the rails on mine slightly to have them sit better.

Once on, I think they do look good and have had no problems with them. Just a shame they are not ready to fit "out the box"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are these the SWB rails? I'm after rails which run the length of the van, not just the last 1/3.

I've heard you can use T5 LWB rails?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts