VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i was wandering if anyone could help. Ive just got a full curtsin set from veedubtransporters. These are the pre bent rails.

I have a tailgate with a motor. The bottom rail is a straight rail that apparently fits strsight across the motor however it appears to need bending.

Firstly, has anyone got one of these kits recently and should the bottom rail be pre bent?

Secibdly, has anyone got a picture of where it goes, i want to make sure i put it in the right place to keep enough tension on the curtains.

Thanks

·
Registered
660 Posts
I cut mine in the middle, took a couple of the little black sliders off the end of the curtains and I put a press stud on each curtain so when they pull together they just press stud together to close the gap, I don't think there is any way you can go around the motor.

Here's a pic of what I did..

·
Registered
398 Posts
I ran mine along the top of the ply and cut a slot in the wiper motor cover. Then left the last few clips loose to allow them to close.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I put mine under the wiper motor it was a pain to put curtains in because the tension but work and look great T:

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I did the same as Ethan and cut the rail using two separate pieces.

Looks much better than bending the rail around the wiper motor or running it across the motor housing (IMHO... I: )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts