VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

461 - 477 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just reading through this and was wondering if it was safe to use Veg Oil in my 1998 2.5 TDi????
I used it constantly in a Ford Maverick, which was also a 2.5 TDi and the difference was amazing!
Only one problem was, in winter had to put 5 litres of unleaded in every full tank to keep it fluid in cold weather!

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
£12.99 for soya in makro still
£16.99 for rapeseed in makro - cant justify the price difference yet, its thinner and better for this weather without adding petrol though.

Just reading through this and was wondering if it was safe to use Veg Oil in my 1998 2.5 TDi????
I used it constantly in a Ford Maverick, which was also a 2.5 TDi and the difference was amazing!
Only one problem was, in winter had to put 5 litres of unleaded in every full tank to keep it fluid in cold weather!

you will find more appropriate threads for this question, this is just for tracking the price of vege, but in short u can, but not as high of a ratio as the 2.4/19, most who do with that engine, direct injection, not indirect, run mods.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Saw that price in Costco today, cheap! On the box it said modified soya oil which I thought was bad for our engines but a sticker on the box stated it was rapeseed? How have you been getting on with it? No problems?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Read the posts on here , will give you a much more balanced view than me.

it actually cleans you fuel system out, therefore you often have to change you fuel filter 1ce or twice after you start as all the gunk has been collected up, but after that fine.

I think there is a lot of confusion over this, as far as I know this is not true for straight veg oil. Properly made bio diesel has this effect due to the chemicals used in the process to thin the oil out also thins the sludge in the fuel system cleaning everything it comes in contact with, lifting the deposits and carrying them to the filter.

461 - 477 of 477 Posts