VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
tesco are still doing the 2 x 3l for a £5 of pure veg oil, if you know someone who works at tesco and is willing to let you use there discount card that is 10% off making it 75p a litre. filled up with 12 litres last night.

·
Registered
213 Posts
went to asda last night to get some - it's still on 2 x 3ltrs for a fiver but the shelves were empty....perhaps people have all cottoned on??? If you really want to go upmarket they have "Crisp and Dry" on offer for two litres for two pound - still cheaper than at the pumps. I didn't take the bait but could see myself looking down on all the peasants running their vans on that cheap roll back stuff at 83p a litreI:

·
Registered
278 Posts
ktc stuff is gm modified, i use it when i have to, prefer the 100% veg oil stuff when its price comparible. ive only noticed a real difference in performance when ive gone heavy on the mix. no difference on 50/50 though.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Im also running mine on 100% Costco stuff and have been for about the last 6mths no problems put a splash of the expensive stuff they sell at the pumps the other day as they said about temps dropping down to -6c

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am missing something being a new T4 owner!!!!!!

What do you have to do to run your van on vegetable oil?

Does it have to be used oil or brand new stuff?

Rich

PS Do you have to have a certain T4 engine?

41 - 60 of 477 Posts