VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a look through the forum for a while but no real measurements on what size, I want to do the walls and roof this weekend.

What is easiest to work with?

2x2m / 2x3m / 2x4m and how much / many?

Thanks for your help on this peeps

·
Registered
230 Posts
i was in the same boat. I have just ordered 8m of 2m fabric with 8 cans. literally just going to do the roof and walls. will let you know when its turned up and stuck in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got the 8M kit when I did mine. It's brilliant stuff but to get the walls and roof done including panels will be a bit tight. I bought a darker colour 4M kit for the roof and cab headling, remember to glue the non fluffy side! sounds obvious but its easily done! Out of everything I've dont to my van, the carpeting was one of the best bits as it makes such a difference. I used a hard plastic block to work it into the detail (the type you use as a sanding block) There is a good vid on youtube that gives you an idea if you search under "carpet wheel arches" Have fun!!T:

·
Registered
230 Posts
right, so the long panel on my SWB came in at around 2.4 metres. so with 8m you can do both sides and the roof section in the back. as Timo says, cutting it fine to do the doors etc too. But also proper pleased with the results. make sure you have a rag or something handy to avoid overspray landing on the fluffy side. i have found a double duvet cover on ebay with a VW badge in the centre so will probably do the roof with that (seen in another thread) and do the walls and doors in the carpet.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sorry to drag up an old thread but I've just ordered 10x2 metres of premier stretch, will that be enough to cover the ply boards seperatly to the metal on the sides, as well as the roof & slider & back doors?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts