VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to order a new T5 - last one was a T2 with the little side opening windows - apparently the new VW sliding windows leak ?? so what about a sunroof - easily screened ...

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
depends which type of window, we had ours converted and the slider has never leaked, and we are in Manchester, one of the wettest place in the uk! T:
we have this type ....

·
Registered
925 Posts
Have you seen the size of the T5 factory sunroof? It ain't very big (except for the price). Better off with open windows or A/C IMHO. Our sliding windows don't leak either.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just Kampers do a side window with a slider for £149..it has a new style of drainage that drains water from below the window like the more expensive euro glass ones. I've just had one fitted and its great..thinking of doing the sliding door as well!

·
Registered
152 Posts
We have a sun roof in ours , they aren't large by any means, ideal for getting some air/sun in but not big enough to stand through, if it was new we would spec A/C over a sun roof.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had a sunroof and side windows with openings on the last 2 transporters and never had any problems. Its nice in sunny Cornwall to have the sunroof open. The roof opens so far and then you need to hold the switch for a few seconds to allow for the sunroof to completely open.....Rasp:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Got 2 sunroofs in our T4, good for letting steam out when cooking and for airflow on hot days.
Also got 2 side sliding windows but dont usually bother with those, sunroofs all the way T:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was meaning ventilation for sleeping.

What's the size of the factory sunroof? I haven't seen one. Where is it - just behind the front seats?

How did you get 2 - who did them?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I was meaning ventilation for sleeping.

What's the size of the factory sunroof? I haven't seen one. Where is it - just behind the front seats?

How did you get 2 - who did them?
Ours is a T4 so cant give size. Andy at AAW Poole fitted mine, front cab is electric real luxury.
We have wind deflectors as well which are good for ventilating without rain getting it.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
we also have a fiamma turbo vent that recycles the air in the van at a very good rate, uses minimal power and very quiet. It is also adjustable speed, reverse switch for the rotation in or out and and can be left ajar even in rain.....

you can just see the vent open slightly on the van on the left....

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've got one there,too, but I find it noisy when driving. I'm thinking of changing it to a sun roof, because of that.

How do you get on with it, noise wise?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Love the idea of a proper van, think it could answer my problems! How much does the fan and fitting cost?
Is it ok to do it on a standard T5 roof? dont want to fork out for a pop up roof and where i kip a lot i dont want to draw attention of me sleeping in it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
103 Posts
we also have a fiamma turbo vent that recycles the air in the van at a very good rate, uses minimal power and very quiet. It is also adjustable speed, reverse switch for the rotation in or out and and can be left ajar even in rain.....

you can just see the vent open slightly on the van on the left....
Hi cocoa,

We are looking at doing the same in our pop top to accommodate the needs of our pooch.

What size is your vent? 28 or 40? also i notice in the photo that you've had to 'pack out' the surround a little in order to accommodate for the depth required for the vent. I presume our pop top roof is only maybe 5mm thick?

Is the vent temperature sensitive or is it a case of open it, turn the fan and and leave if whir?

Did you install yours yourself or get someone to fit? Any chance of the name as it looks a good job.

Many thanks

Matthew & Kerry (& the dog Otto)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sorry to change the subject but do you know the owner if the silver camper? I really like the mountain graphics on the side and would like to know where he/she got them.
Thanks
Jon

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
we also have a fiamma turbo vent that recycles the air in the van at a very good rate, uses minimal power and very quiet. It is also adjustable speed, reverse switch for the rotation in or out and and can be left ajar even in rain.
how proud of the roof is it when closed... any issues with barriers

·
Registered
347 Posts
Sorry to change the subject but do you know the owner if the silver camper? I really like the mountain graphics on the side and would like to know where he/she got them.
Thanks
Jon
I know it's off topic but I saw your question. I think this is a Kingston campers conversion, I remember seeing the graphics on their van at Busfest. I remembered them as it stood out as a cool design.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I know it's off topic but I saw your question. I think this is a Kingston campers conversion, I remember seeing the graphics on their van at Busfest. I remembered them as it stood out as a cool design.
Tags very much, just looked on their website, you're right.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts